Client Audit & Compliance Manager
Abacus Group are pleased to be recruiting for a Client Audit & Compliance Manager on behalf of an expanding global law firm who are considered one of the leading firms in the UK. Based out of their unrivalled modern office in Belfast you will be joining a firm that has a proven track record of developing and investing in their staff.
- Generous basic salary and Income Protection, Private Medical, health & well-being services, discounts, to name a few.
To work with the Global Head of Risk Operations, to develop and implement effective policies and processes to support client audit and related compliance matters. To lead and manage the co-ordination and completion of all client audits and requests for information. Working with the audit team and all relevant SME’s across the company. To supervise client audit team members in the effective implementation of their day-to-day workload ensuring fair allocation of work and development opportunities for all. To continue to develop a comprehensive central database of information to support the firm’s client audit process as well as all relevant trackers in order to enable the regular production of management information. To provide ongoing process reviews and improvement initiatives in line with the functions objectives. To support on projects as and when required by the wider team. To act as subject matter expert in relation to Client Audit within the firm.
- To provide comprehensive analytical and specialist support to the Global Head of Risk Operations to facilitate the development of improved working practices relating to client engagement for the firm.
- Lead, champion and deliver team business improvement plans.
- Driving operational excellence within the team, including ongoing process reviews, and improvement implementation including investigation of technology solutions.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Client requirements and lead the completion of complex and strategically important requests, to guaranteed conclusion ensuring 100% accuracy and timeliness of responses.
- To lead in client engagement (on-site audits, meetings and calls) to share an understanding of company processes and procedures in order to respond to client queries.
- Work closely with internal teams to gain a greater understanding of internal processes and controls acting as a subject matter expert for client audit.
- To effectively engage with a broad range of stakeholders whilst managing expectations through concise communication.
- To proactively manage a database of remediations ensuring timeframes are recorded and deadlines accomplished.
- Responsible for the workflow of the Client Audit Team, including ensuring requests are triaged and assigned to a team member once received.
- To maintain the client audit library of information (and/or other databases) to effectively support client audits.
- To ensure maintenance of a suite of “stock” template documents and “boiler plate” statements to facilitate responses to future client audits.
- To proactively manage the Client Audit Collaborate site for the purpose of strategic client audits, using feedback as a means of developing the site.
- To oversee accurate record keeping of complex and/or strategic client audits and advise on how best to access and report on this information to support future audits.
- Develop reporting function within team trackers, to ensure the correct information is being captured and can be used for wider analysis.
- Taking a lead on analysis of large volumes of audit data, to provide reporting and identify emerging trends.
- To capture and report upon the direct and indirect costs of client audit and compliance.
- To develop a broad understanding of the audit & compliance arena in the legal sector, and the changes on the horizon.
- Provide project management support to the Client Audit and Engagement Terms team as required, ensuring project documentation is of a high quality and consistently up to date.
- Support dynamic teams working on a wide range of projects as and when required.
- Provide support where required by the Global Senior Manager Client Audit, on Client Secondment enquiries acting as a subject matter expert.
- Understands the commercial and risk management drivers of clients.
- Comfortable speaking to clients about key deliverables.
- Ability to effectively co-ordinate and manage high volumes of complex information.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to drive through deliverables to completion.
- Ability to achieve key objectives through others.
- Strong attention to detail (in presenting information)
- Enthusiastic, pro-active, persistent, robust, commitment to “getting the job done”.
- Good organisational and administrative skills/ability to multi-task.
- Excellent systems knowledge and IT skills.
- Experience of process analysis and improvement implementation.
- Project support and management skills.
- Experience of supervising others.
- Nicky Strutt
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.