Are you looking for an exciting opportunity with an extremely forward-thinking global company? This company boasts an outstanding work environment, highly renowned for their respectful culture and approach towards clients.
We are recruiting an experienced buyer to join the Procurement team, who will work to support procurement processes for the IT team (IT buying experience is not required). This role is based in Belfast on a hybrid working model.
- Manage the end-to-end P2P process for all IT purchases, ensuring Purchase Requisition and subsequent Purchase Orders are raised accurately for all suppliers
- Manage the supplier onboarding processes for any new suppliers
- Ensure that all P2P and on-boarding activities are undertaken in full compliance with risk management controls.
- Undertake low value buying, and manage all IT contract and PO renewals.
- Work closely with all IT stakeholders, and members of the Procurement team, dealing with requests and queries in a timely manner.
- Work with Accounts Payable to ensure all open purchase orders are reviewed, receipted and closed out on a regular basis, including month end close.
- Identify opportunities to improve systems and processes.
Who They Are Looking For:
- Minimum 2 years experience in a supply chain, procurement or accounts payable environment
- Demonstrable track record operating P2P processes and procurement controls
- Experience in buying, preferably IT or technology
- Proficient user of Oracle iProcurement or an equivalent P2P application
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, in particular Excel
- CIPS qualified or working towards it (desired)
If you need any other information or require a more detailed job specification, don’t hesitate in contacting Catherine or Marc at Abacus.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.