Who are we working with?
We are working with a leading global law firm whose exceptional talent and insight allows them to continually deliver ground-breaking solutions worldwide. Their finance team based in Belfast supports this company’s global network, and now have an opportunity for an experienced finance professional to join their busy team in the role of Billing Clerk. This is the perfect company for you if you value a working environment focused on collaboration and mutual respect, where you will be encouraged to pursue your professional and personal development.
What’s on offer?
- Permanent, full-time position in an ambitious team.
- Attractive working hours, Monday to Friday, 9am-5.30pm.
- Competitivev salary, depending on experience.
- A brand-new role which you can grow with, successfully developing your career.
The role and responsibilities
As Billing Clerk, you will work to ensure efficient monthly billing and successful client matter management from opening through to closure.
- Building relationships with stakeholders and effective management of key clients.
- Management of client matter process from inception to close.
- Using Excel daily to maintain records for monthly invoicing.
- Processing and tracking disbursement invoices.
- Responsible for tasks coding, correspondence and filing invoices appropriately.
- Ensuring billing requirements are maintained and implemented.
- Managing purchase order processes.
- Raising proforma invoices, checking and completing amendments.
- Resolve eBilling rejections and queries.
- Attend meetings and liaising with senior members of the Finance team.
Who are we looking for?
- An active team player who engages easily with others.
- Excellent communicator with an enthusiastic, pro-active, and solutions focused approach.
- A professional and self-motivated individual with excellent organisation skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and multitask to meet targets and set deadlines.
- Ability to complete tasks to a high standard with a keen eye for accuracy.
- Keen interested in working with numbers with strong attention to detail.
- Ambitious individual with an interest in professional growth and development.
Skills and Experience
- Recent experience of working within a busy finance function.
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Computer literate with experience in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Knowledge of matter processes or experience in Trademark billing (Desirable)
- Qualification in Accounts, Business or Finance (Desirable)
- Experience of working within a busy Accounts Payable environment (Desirable)
If you think that you could excel in this role and become a valued member of this company then we want to speak with you! Please get in contact to discuss this opportunity by emailing your CV to us or calling us at Abacus Careers.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.