Abacus Careers are excited to be working with a Top 100 NI Company based in Belfast, as the company grows rapidly they are now in a position to recruit an Assistant Accountant to join their team, This position sits within their Supply Chain Department.
The company offers great benefits, fantastic market rate salary, Study support and on site training, the ideal candidate will be an Accounting Technician or working towards part qualified/qualified qualification.
The Assistant Accountant will be responsible for all weekly/monthly supply chain reporting for the company and supporting the forecast and budget routines. Provide financial support to the wider team around balance sheet reconciliations and process improvements, key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide cost information on a weekly basis with supporting commentary and call outs.
- Carry out period end reviews and engaging with the supply chain team of cost variances
- Provide business support to the supply chain director and his team to support business decisions
- Support the forecast and budget process
- Support the internal audit function within supply chain
- Support hard close and completion of balance sheet reconciliations as required
- Any other reports/information as requested by the Supply Chain Accountant to support the finance team
The successful candidate will be/have:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working within a fast-paced finance environment
- Studying to attain a membership of a professional body e.g. CIMA, ACA, ACCA
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel with respect to formatting and large databases
- Ability to plan and prioritise workloads to agreed deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to work on own initiative
- 3rd level qualification in Business, Finance or Accounting technician qualification
- Exposure to Oracle systems
If you would like more information, contact Leon today!
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.