Do you want your work to benefit locally grown businesses and families across the island of Ireland?
Are you interested in joining a company who continually strive to improve their corporate social responsibility?
Have you been waiting to find an employer who cares about their employees and who will help you to thrive in your role?
Our client understands that people are the heart of any successful business and that is why they trust us to find the best talent in Northern Ireland to join their team. We are looking for an Assistant Accountant to join this busy finance team based in Belfast.
- Salary circa £25K - £28K per annum, depending on qualifications and experience.
- Attractive working hours with early finish on Fridays.
- Company Benefits Package.
Reporting to the Management Accountant, the Assistant Accountant will be responsible for these key areas:
- Support the forecast and budget process.
- Central billing and credits process.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Provide accurate sales information on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
- Provide business support to the Sales Director and team to support business decisions.
- Efficiently administer the grants and rebates schemes in line with our company policies.
- Support hard close and completion of balance sheet reconciliations as required.
- Provide financial support to the wider team around balance sheet reconciliations and process improvements.
- Any other reports/information as requested by the Management Accountant to support the finance team.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Professional qualification in accounting (recently qualified or in final stages of obtaining professional qualification)
- 3rd level business or finance qualification (desired)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working within a fast-paced finance environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel with respect to large databases.
- Ability to plan, manage and prioritise workloads to meet agreed deadlines.
- Confident in their ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Self-motivated, proactive and ambitious individual.
- Attention to detail and proven ability to work to a high standard.
- Experience of working within an FMCG, retail or distribution environment (desired).
We look forward to receiving your application. For more information, please reach out to Catherine at Abacus Careers by phone or email.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.