Abacus Careers are excited to be working with a Top 100 NI Company based in Belfast, as the company grows rapidly they are now in a position to recruit an Company Owned Assistant Accountant to join their team.
The company offers great benefits, Study support and on site training, the ideal candidate will be an Accounting Technician or working towards part qualified/qualified qualification.
This role is a diverse one, which provides key commercial information to the Company Owned business. It will support store managers and operations on understanding and interpreting the financial information they receive. Key responsibilities for this role include but not limited to:
- Company Owned weekly KPIs, P&L and monthly management accounts
- Preparing Weekly KPI report and Profit & Loss Account
- Preparing weekly reports on payroll spends in stores and post office branches and analysing variances versus targets.
- Working with our Dublin accounts team to complete monthly management accounts. Providing insight to the store manager and operations team on key variances.
- Providing insightful commentary on the weekly reports to drive the business.
- Supporting on cash balancing queries as and when required by stores.
- Quarterly stock take analysis
- Support stores at quarterly stock counts
- Collating quarterly stock results with the support of our Dublin accounts team, interpreting and analysing those stock results
- Providing commercial insights to the business on the reasons for stock loss
- Quarterly forecasts and budgets
- Contribute to the preparation of forecasts and budgets based on the assumptions provided by the business.
- Preparing detailed budget files on Gross Margin and Overhead costs
- Provide insight into key movements and areas
- Ad Hoc analysis
- Travel to sites to carryout reviews where appropriate
- Support the business with analysis on Gross Margin and overhead areas as required
• Part - Qualified Accountant with membership of a professional body e.g. ACA / ACCA / CIMA
• 2 years or more relevant experience
• Ability to demonstrate experience in working in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to plan and prioritise workloads to agreed deadlines
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the business
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, especially with model building and formulae workings
• 3rd level business or finance qualification
• Experience of working within an FMCG, retail or distribution environment
• European Computer Driving Licence or MS Office Qualification
If you would like more information, contact Leon today!
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.