Accounts Payable Team Lead
If you have experience in Accounts Payable and you are looking to take the next step in your career, then this is an excellent opportunity to gain that step up. Working with the US Accounts Payable team of a global law firm, you will lead a small team to ensure excellence, achieve goals and drive success.
We are looking for someone who has a thorough understanding of Accounts Payable, preferably within an environment with strong controls. This is a challenging position, and the successful candidate will be someone who is resilient and process driven. Competitive salary will be offered based on experience plus premium payment for US working hours (2pm - 10.30pm). This position is hybrid with 3 days in the Belfast office and 2 days from home.
There is excellent opportunity for career growth in this role and I would encourage you to reach out if this is of interest to you by contact the Accounting & Finance team at Abacus Careers.
- Managing the US AP team and lead the day-to-day operational service delivery
- Assigning and evaluating daily tasks
- Supervising, Managing & Monitoring the team’s quality of work & ensuring deadlines are met
- Staff performance management including appraisals
- Monitoring supplier accounts & dealing with escalations
- Managing and maintaining the Accounts Payable Control Framework
- Supplier statement reconciliation
- Managing supplier payment runs & employee expenses
- Supporting AP Manager in any adhoc tasks
- Developing & building relationships with US Finance Team
Experience and Skills
- Minimum 3+ years Accounts Payable experience
- Experience managing a high preforming team (significant advantage, but not essential)
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience in building relationships
- Proven experience of dealing with demanding stakeholders/process partners
- Experience process improvement and implementation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.