In a company where talent is valued at all levels of the business, you know that your hard work and ambition will lead you to great places. This is exactly the opportunity you will have with this team who are seeking an Accounts Payable (AP) Assistant to join their busy global finance team based in Belfast City.
We are seeking an experienced accounts assistant with proven success in a fast-paced and high-volume invoice processing role.
What you should know…
- Full onboarding from home, with hybrid model of work.
- Competitive Salary, based on experience.
- 12-month contract - excellent opportunities for career progression.
- Excellent benefits including annual bonus.
An Accounts Payable Assistant completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices. The daily job duties include:
- Timely processing and payment of all supplier invoices and staff expense claims
- Administration of the Corporate card account
- Charging invoices to the correct accounts
- Resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies
- Reconciling vendor account statements and related transactions
- Processing and reviewing employee expense reports for adherence to policy
- Breach reporting
- Maintaining historical records by filing documents
- Mailbox management and query resolution
- Experience of working in an accounting environment, interacting with stakeholders across multiple functions and locations
- Experience of processing a high volume of invoices monthly
- Proven ability to prioritise workload and to meet strict month end close deadlines
- Experience of dealing with multiple AP sub-ledgers and multi-currency transactions
- Experience of VAT reporting and the data required to report accurately
- Experience of working in a Corporate/large firm environment would be an advantage
- Ability to solve problems and to react to changing requirements and adjust processes and approach
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience in Oracle, SAP, or similar product
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including proficiency in Excel
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.