Do you have 1-2 years’ experience in a finance environment following your graduation from an Accounting or Finance degree? If the answer is ‘yes’, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you to progress in your career! Our client focuses on building their teams with only the best of talent supporting their industry leading global law firm.
In a busy finance function the Accounts Payable Analyst will be primarily responsible for the Accounts Payable processes.
The Responsibilities of the Role:
- Execute Accounts Payable end-to-end process to ensure accurate payments in-line within agreed timelines and SLA’s.
- Validate, authorize, and process invoices and expense reimbursements.
- Review payments to vendors coordinate bank payment releases.
- Work with procurement team to resolve PO exceptions/issues.
- Review of invoices blocked for payment and resolve in line with policy in timely manner.
- Perform monthly review and reconciliation of accounts.
- Prepare and generate reports as necessary.
- Efficiently resolve discrepancies or issues.
- Contribute to process improvement.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in Accounts Payable role or similar
- Degree or professional qualification in a related field, preferably Accounting or Finance.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Team player with positive attitude and problem-solving mindset.
- High attention to detail and has keen organizational skills.
- Confident in exercising good judgement and proven decision-making capabilities.
- Effective time management and organisational skills, essential to meet deadlines.
- SAP experience an advantage (Desirable)
What’s on offer?
- Starting salary up to £22K (depending on experience)
- Excellent benefits package
- Attractive working hours, office location in Belfast
- Opportunities for career progression
What to do next?
- Send an application including CV and cover letter.
- If you have questions regarding this role then please get in touch by phone or email for more info.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.