Neighbourhood Renewal Officer required in Newtownards in Co Down, Northern Ireland. This is a temporary contract starting as soon as possible until March 2017, working 3 days per week.
The purpose of this role is to implement the Neighbourhood Renewal Programme which will contribute to the social, economic, community and physical development of designated areas across the Borough. Key duties will include:
- To assist Neighbourhood Renewal communities to develop and implement agreed vision and action plans in partnership with key stakeholders and service providers.
- To advise and assist target communities to develop and implement Neighbourhood Renewal projects and initiatives.
- To liaise with key stakeholders within the community, voluntary and statutory sectors in relation to Neighbourhood Renewal projects and initiatives.
- To secure funding from DfC Neighbourhood Renewal Programme and other sources which contribute to the implementation of the Neighbourhood Action Plans and to liaise closely with funding bodies.
- To provide secretariat support to Neighbourhood Renewal Partnership and undertake related admin duties.
- To organise and report to meetings and sub committee meetings of Neighbourhood Renewal Partnership.
- To develop and implement the Partnership's communication plan including publicity material.
- To monitor and evaluate objectives in line with targets and prepare reports to DfC.
To apply for the position of Neighbourhood Renewal Officer in Newtownards you will meet the following essential criteria:
- Educated to A’ level standard or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant admin experience in a busy working environment
- Excellent ICT skills including proficient use of MS Office applications
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisation and administration skills
- Ability to prioritise workload, use initiative and deal with sensitive issues
- Full driving licence and access to own transport
The ideal candidate will come from a community and/or development background.
Diamond Recruitment Group reserve the right to enhance the desirable criteria in the event of an unprecedented response.
- Temporary contract until March 2017 (with possible extension)
- Part time hours; 3 days (21.75 hours) per week from 9am-5pm to include Thursdays (preferably Tuesday-Thursday but there is some flexibility on the other days)
- Hourly rate £11.00-£12.00, depending on experience
To apply for the position of Neighbourhood Renewal Officer, please forward your CV to Claire at Diamond Recruitment Group by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
For further information on this opportunity please contact Claire at Diamond Recruitment Group on 028 9055 8000. Your details will be treated in a confidential manner with Diamond Recruitment Group. Only applicants meeting the criteria will be contacted.
You may have found this job vacancy searching for the following related terms: neighbourhood, community, development
Experience: 1-2 yrs