Vacancy Ref - 13142
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary Assistant Investigator for an initial period of 3 months. This position will be full time, based in Belfast City Centre and will require completion of the following duties -
* Assistance with the collation, review, scheduling and disclosure of all relevant material relating to specific criminal investigations and in compliance with the duties imposed under the Criminal Procedure and Investigations Act 1996. To include:
* The review, identification and collation of relevant material held on NIEA data storage systems (electronic and hard copy)
* Assistance with the assessment and identification of all relevant non-sensitive and sensitive material.
* Production and maintenance of all necessary disclosure schedules relating to the above material.
* Preparation of bundles of material required to be disclosed to defence teams
It is essential that candidates meet the following criteria to be considered for this post -
* Candidates must have previous knowledge and working experience in the application of the Police and Criminal Evidence (Northern Ireland) Order 1989 and the Criminal Procedure and Investigations Act 1996.
* A minimum of two years' experience of conducting criminal or other legal enforcement investigations within the previous seven years.
* Effective oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to work under pressure using own initiative.
* Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
* Experience of using information technology as part of work
* Ability to input to and interrogate computer databases.
* Ability to operate in customer facing role.
* Ability to conduct directed investigations with the public and suspects including taking statements.
* Ability to follow recognized investigative processes.
* Understanding of the Criminal Justice System.
* Ability to prepare documentation to build case files for prosecution to the appropriate standard
A professional qualification of at least PIPLevel2 or equivalent
* Please note a Basic Access NI clearance is a requirement for this post at a cost of £26 to the candidate. Also SC Clearance is required for this role.
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.