Honeycomb is delighted to be recruiting alongside a large public sector organisation for an experienced FT temporary Livestock Research Scientist; 6 months+ contract.
The Client - This organisation hosts some of the most progressive agricultural focused scientific research. With expansive funding and budgetary spend, there has been a significant boost in activity surrounding the livestock research remit; inclusive of: animal production, nutrition, health and welfare and environmental emissions.
The Role -
This niche role will include but will not be limited to the following duties:
- Delivery of the scientific elements of a number of research projects related to grassland based production. This work will include project management, literature reviews, technical report writing, scientific paper writing and presentation of results to stakeholders.
- Support lead researchers to ensure that all project/branch reporting requirements are fully addressed, including any ad hoc requests for information that may be required.
- This list is not exhaustive and the successful candidate will be required to carry out other duties as allocated by line management
The Person -
- Minimum of a MSc in Agriculture, animal science or closely related discipline
- A proven track record in conducting innovative scientific projects in livestock production and to statistically analyse and interpret the results.
- Quantitative & Qualitative methodology
- Experience of being the min. 2nd author of a minimum of 1 scientific paper in the area of livestock production, which have been published in high impact peer reviewed scientific journals.
- Excellent organisational skills and an ability to work as part of a team or under own initiative in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High level of IT competence in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Excellent project management skills
**Please note, applicants who do not demonstrate relevant experience will not be considered for this role. Due to a high response of applications in the current climate, we are unable to provide individual feedback, however will endeavour to get back to you.**
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Claire McCleery, Specialist Consultant at Honeycomb on 02896 207050.
Experience: 0 yrs