Probation Officer - Northern Ireland
On behalf of a Public Sector Organisation Premiere People Healthcare are seeking Probation Officers for potential temporary vacancies that may arise.
Location: Various locations across Northern Ireland
Duration: Depending on the requirement .
- Carry out detailed assessments of offenders (using appropriate assessment tools) including risk assessment in support of pre sentence reports, pre and post release reports in prisons and the reassessment of existing clients.
- Manage a caseload of offenders in the community. Supervise those placed on probation or subject to licence.
- Working with and delivering services to the complete range of offenders and to all sections of the community and individuals within various social groups.
- Contribute to the delivery of high quality researched based programmes.
- May be required to work as a member of a prison based team providing services during sentence and preparation for release.
- Provision and maintenance of community service schemes for offenders. Ensuring adherence to community service standards.
- Responsibility for community service orders may also form part of a mixed caseload in a local team setting.
- Participating in establishing and maintaining professional working relationships, with appropriate agencies, organizations and individuals in the community.
- Attending and positively contributing to all relevant meetings, case conferences, programme reviews as required and consistent with role and job responsibilities.
- Must be a qualified Social Worker
- Valid driving licence , use of a car and have car insurance which covers business use.
- Must be registered on part one of the NISCC
If you would like to be contacted about vacancies or would like to have an chat please contact Kelly Eccles on 02890 720104.
Experience: 0 yrs