Vacancy Reference: 18762
We are currently recruiting for a Veterinary Officer x 15 for the Northern Ireland area. This will be a temporary role with flexible hours, workdays may include weekends and public/bank holidays, with an hourly rate of £16.05. This vacancy is a temporary ongoing role.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Carrying out inspections and investigations in connection with animal disease, animal welfare and public health
- Enforcement of legislation in connection with the above including representation of the Department's interest in Court as necessary
- Communication of Departmental Policy e.g. Promotion of biosecurity to Stakeholders in the Agricultural Industry
- Supervision and management of field staff e.g. when involved in meat hygiene or field duties
- Assimilate and interpret information from a variety of sources including IT Systems
- A primary degree in Veterinary Medicine/Surgery and be a member of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (MRCVS); and
- Applicants must, by the closing date for applications, be:
- 1(a) A fellow or a practicing member of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS);
- 1(b) Eligible to seek membership of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS). It will then be a condition of appointment that the successful candidate becomes a member of the RCVS;
- 2. Have two years’ experience working as a Veterinary Surgeon in a position deemed by the Panel to be relevant to animal health and welfare in the agriculture sector.*
- * experience relevant to animal health and welfare in the agriculture sector is experience gained working with agricultural animals, the main species being cattle, sheep, pigs, goats and poultry.”
- It will be advantageous if the appointee has current Food Standards NI Official Veterinarian designation
Persons appointed must have access to a form of transport which will enable them to fulfil the responsibilities of this role and they must be prepared to travel throughout Northern Ireland and elsewhere if required.
To ensure suitability to undertake the full range of duties of the role the appointees must have undergone the following assessments:
Colour Vision, Tuberculosis, Brucellosis, food handling and audio medical assessments.
This role provides an exciting opportunity to join an industry leading business, committed to ensuring that their customers receive a first class level of service and offering genuine opportunities for career progression.
For more information on this role or any other vacancy please call us on 028 90330 555
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.
Candidates will be required to obtain a Standard Access NI check at a cost of £18.
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.