Premiere People Healthcare are seeking to recruit (2) Medical Officers on behalf of a Public Sector client based in Belfast.
About the role:
Location: Belfast City Centre
Hours: Sessional work as required between hours of 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday (flexible working arrangements may be available).
Rate: £25.00 weeks one to 12 , week 13 £29.90
The main objectives of OHS Medical Officer will be to promote the health and wellbeing of staff at work and to provide a professional integrated service to management and employees by:
- Providing advice and guidance to Government Departments, Executive Agencies including the NI Prison Service, and other public bodies on their occupational health, safety and hygiene responsibilities in the light of UK and EC legislation and in keeping with national and international developments;
- Providing advice on the fitness of individuals for specific jobs, cases of sickness absence, premature medical retirement and the rehabilitation of individuals after sickness.
The post holder reports to the Director of the Occupational Health Service. The main duties of the post include:
- Assisting the Director in providing advice and guidance to all Government Departments, Executive Agencies including the Northern Ireland Prison Service and other public bodies on occupational health matters;
- Medical examinations in Belfast and centres elsewhere in Northern Ireland of employees referred to OHS by client bodies, including recruitment, fitness for post, health surveillance and sickness absence;
- Providing medical advice on cases referred to OHS by the Driver and Vehicle Agency, Teachers' Superannuation Scheme, the Health and Social Care Superannuation Scheme and Service Pensions;
- Co-operating with the OHS multi-disciplinary team in promoting and maintaining an occupational health service and including participation in health promotion activities;
- Co-operating with client bodies in assisting them to meet their occupational health needs;
- Such other duties as the Director may from time to time determine.
The post holder must:
- Hold full registration with the General Medical Council
- Have at least five years' (post full registration or post entitlement to hold full registration) clinical experience, gained within the last eight years.
Please contact Kelly Eccles on 02890 720104 for more information.
Experience: 0 yrs