Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation require a temporary Graphic Designer to start 13th March 2017 for one year.
Role: Graphic Designer
Pay rate: 0-12 weeks £8.50 p/h
13+ weeks £13.45 p/h
Hours: 37 hours per week Monday-Friday
- A degree in Graphic Design;
- At least 2 year's experience, gained within the last 5 years, working in a design field that includes print production;
- The proven ability to deliver design projects from initial brief through to final output, on time and to budget;
- Experience in Abode Creative Suite, In-design, Photoshop, Illustrator
The key responsibilities for this post are to:
- Deliver on all design briefs in accordance with agreed requirements;
- Produce print ready finished artwork on time and to agreed specification;
- Produce press ready finished artwork on time and to agreed specification;
- Ensure all the design outputs follow the brand Departmental Corporate Design Guidelines;
- Develop new skills and working methods such as exploiting fully electronic publishing as an alternative method of addressing customer needs;
- Take responsibility, both individually and as part of a team, for updating/designing and distributing printed and electronic information;
- Liaise with the Graphic Designer (HPTO Grade), and on occasions customers, to coordinate the scheduling and prioritising of all design tasks;
- Provide creative input into the design tasks;
- Jointly audit existing systems, provide analysis and input into developing and strengthening the business unit infrastructure;
- Take forward any amendments to the artwork in line with the needs of the customer;
- Maintain the Mac file system and ensure all back up procedures are followed;
- Ensure appropriate paper work and / or admin functions associated with the design task are maintained / completed;
- Jointly work as part of a larger team in adopting and implementing NICS administrative programs of work as it seeks to modernise its infrastructure;
- Provide input to any other design aspects as required; and
- Working with members of the team in an open way, to ensure that transfer of skills takes place.
- Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete a Standard Access NI Security Clearance at a cost of £26.00. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
- To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Helen McNamara will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**This role may be filled very quickly, but don't worry, we will keep your details on file for consideration of another role becoming available in the future**
Experience: 0 yrs