Business Correspondent — Northern Ireland
The Role of Business Correspondent is to build, maintain and enhance business coverage across all print and digital platforms. The role holder will support the Business Editor across platforms including daily and weekly publications, annual Top 100 Companies magazine, as well as liaising with the News Editor on stories of broader interest. In addition, the successful candidate will take a leading role in the continuation of the drive for business channels online.
- Responsibility for the creation of day to day business content for print and digital including business pages, weekly supplements, news sections and online.
- Conduct interviews etc. with leading business figures to develop business content.
- Continue a proactive news/feature agenda of probing journalism, news websites and other sources.
- Cover breaking business news for the Belfast Telegraph's digital and Social platforms, working closely with the digital team to ensure all relevant business content appears on our platforms.
- Attend editorial and other designated conferences where necessary.
- Represent INM and its publications when required at external meetings and functions.
- Provide content free of defamation, contempt, privacy and copyright.
- Deputise for the Business Editor when required.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least three years' experience in journalism including working on a business desk.
- Experience in using a variety of digital tools, including content management systems.
- A journalism qualification, idealy from an NCTJ-approved course.
- Knowledge of business landscape in Northern Ireland and awareness of developments in the UK, ROI and internationally.
- Knowledge of media law and the Editors Code of Practice and IPSO protocols.
- Social media awareness and experience working with social media.
- Full driver's license and access to a car.
Applications accompanied by a CV and cover letter should be submitted via the Independent News & Media vacancies page by CLICKING APPLY NOW.