The successful candidate role will be to develop, execute and manage the comms, marketing and events activities). With a ‘can do’ attitude, you will be able to work to deadlines in a fast-paced environment and possess excellent communications skills. The post holder will work on a broad range of projects. You will be flexible and adaptable in approach and duties.
1) Develop and implement a communications and marketing/events plan in collaboration with the BID Board and Managing Director.
2) Service the ‘Promote’ sub-group meetings.
3) Manage an allocated budget to deliver the comms, marketing/events plan – including items such as paid online advertising, media purchasing, and event delivery.
4) Management of multi-level marketing and communications platforms, both to B2B and B2C.
5) Manage relationships with external partners such as appointed Advertising Agency, Communications Agency, public sector bodies and other private sector business organisations.
6) Develop, plan, implement and measure the success of the calendar of events such as Restaurant Week, Summer Cinema and Fashion Show.
7) Manage the Website and all social media & digital platforms. Monitor performance of website and social media and produce action plans based on the results.
8) Design and print management for BID promotional materials – for both event promotional materials and for B2B communications (such as newsletters) from commission to distribution.
9) Gathering information and generating/updating content for website including; blogs, events, offers and business directory pages.
10) Managing the social media accounts; creating dynamic and consistent content that increases audience interaction as well as driving traffic to the company website.
11) PR – work with PR agency to promote events and the work of the BID across all its various objectives.
12) Manage collaborative communications with project partners.
13) Inform local stakeholders about upcoming events and activities.
14) Work within prescribed budget to deliver a return on investment.
15) Develop an annual ‘Promote’ Business Plan.
16) Strengthen the brand and ensure all internal and external communications and materials are on brand and of a high standard.
17) As well as the above, you will be expected to carry out any other reasonable activities as required by the BID Managing Director and Board.
Qualifications & Experience
- Marketing degree or other relevant third level qualification.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a senior marketing/ event management role with a proven track record of success in achieving objectives and articulating ROI.
- Demonstrable experience managing a budget to deliver agreed outcomes.
- Demonstrable experience working with a wider team of PR professionals, event organisers and advertising agency staff to deliver successful campaigns/events.
- Demonstrable experience in developing marketing campaigns from concept to execution to measurement.
- Demonstrable experience of managing social media platform marketing campaigns.
- Demonstrable experience of working with a wide range of partner organisations and stakeholders to deliver business plan objectives.
- The ability to use a wide range of IT packages – including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Mailchimp, etc.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.