Materials Planning Manager - Newry
Your new company
This is an amazing opportunity to join one of Northern Ireland's largest company's that have successfully been in business for over 50 years and supply their products globally. This company is very innovative and constantly striving to improve and expand and invest in their staff. The hours of work is Monday - Friday 9-5.30 and the salary is negotiable.
Your new role
This is a new position in the company that will oversee inventory and materials planning. You will manage a team of 11 people. Responsibilities include:
- Establish and maintain an appropriate inventory model ( raw material, and packaging components - primary and secondary),
- Manage the materials call off process within the Group to ensure availability of materials to support production
- Critically apprise the current processes and systems and drive process improvement
- Implement robust Inventory management processes, and controls to ensure inventory targets are met
- Lead monthly Inventory Management review, contributing effectively to the S&OP process
- Oversee the amalgamation of the current inventory management team and the operational/call off element of Procurement into one cohesive team
- Proactively identify risks and work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to mitigate impact
- Lead monthly review of product "write off" and support the achievement of reduction targets
- Collaborate closely with Planning, Procurement and Manufacturing teams to improve operational effectiveness and results
- Ensure all activities are carried out in accordance the company's Quality system
- Eliminate waste and obsolescence
- Prepare background information to support sales forecasting & develop statistical forecasts
- Prepare and support the Forecast Review process
- Set inventory targets for the Group as part of the annual budget process, reforecasting periodically as we go through the year.
- Support getting the business ready for an ERP implemention
- Any other duties as deemed necessary by management.
What you'll get in return
You will get an excellent salary, 30 days annual leave, 5% pension, health care & life assurance
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs