Are you an experienced leader within a manufacturing environment with a proven ability to run a successful operation?
Do you have exceptional staff management skills and knowledge of lean principles?
Would you like to work for a business that is experiencing significant growth?
If interested or would like more information call Alex on 02890 313157 or email email@example.com
Our client is a family run business that is part of a larger company that is well established and award winning. Our client has a fantastic reputation for its quality and service which has spanned over 20 years. With operations throughout the UK and Ireland you can be sure that this will offer a fantastic opportunity for a driven & motivated individual who has the ability to manage a challenging manufacturing facility.
The role would suit a commercially astute technical-minded manufacturing General Manager who would lead the team in driving quality and service to their customers. If you are a people focussed individual and enjoy staff engagement then this is a fantastic opportunity for you. Reporting to the Commercial Director, you will direct and coordinate the operations for the Newtownabbey site and responsible for the below areas:
- Responsibility for the P&L of the function while leading improvements in performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability.
- Developing strategic plans in cooperation with divisional management while leading and implementing changes where needed.
- Reviewing all financial statements and data, utilising business data to improve profitability and identify opportunity for savings.
- Formulating policies and procedures to maximise output and efficiency ensuring compliance throughout.
- Coordinating and monitoring all production, warehousing, sales and distribution to ensure efficient process workflow.
- Oversee the generation of quotations and procurement to ensure value for money is being achieved and margin targets are met.
- Becoming fully familiar with inhouse operational systems, allowing for a strong understanding of where each order is in the process, what the profitability margin is on the order and where any potential risks may lie.
- Ensuring health and safety processes and procedures are always of the highest standard throughout the site.
- Building on existing and new business relationships with stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Monitoring and managing efficiencies and improvements across all support services such as IT, HR and Finance ensuring a smooth flow of communication throughout all departments.
- Supporting the team in their development and growth in order to meet the future strategic plans of the business.
- Managing the customer experience, from pre-production to dispatch, in line with agreed schedules.
- Act as a key player in the delivery of business objectives and annual budgets while
- contributing significantly to the transformation of the site.
- Hold a degree qualification with 10+ years' experience in a growing commercial manufacturing operation.
- Are commercially astute with exceptional business acumen.
- Have previous experience with budgeting and financial planning.
- Have a proven ability managing and influencing stakeholders of all levels, with strong relationship building skills.
- Are experienced in people development and team building environments with a proven track record in change management.
- Are knowledgeable of process improvement in all business functions, Finance, commercial, manufacturing, HR and contract management with excellent customer management experience.
- Have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Are a hands-on leader, with a problem-solving mentality, and the ability to provide strategic solutions to complex challenges.
- Demonstrate strong evidence of delivering results in a fast-paced operational setting and successful continuous improvement initiatives.
- Have the organisational skills to manage multiple ongoing projects where details and deadlines may fluctuate
- Have commercial acumen and an eye for maintaining and maximising margin.
- Ideally, you will have experience in the construction/engineering sectors, but this is not essential
- Excellent base salary
- Health Insurance
- Company Car/Car Allowance
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.