Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation require a temporary Business Consultant to start ASAP with possible extension.
Role: Business Consultant
Pay rate: 0-12 weeks £12.50 p/h
13+ weeks £15.24 p/h
Hours: 37.5 hours per week Monday-Friday
The successful candidate(s) will have demonstrated a range of skills and attributes associated with an experienced business consultant. This includes:
- A minimum of two years working as a Business Consultant or in a similar improvement role.
- A third level qualification in a business related discipline.
One or more of the following:
- Experience of the application of business improvement methodologies such as, but not restricted to, structural design; whole systems/ process improvement, Lean, Six Sigma, benchmarking among others;
- Strong analytical capability including data collection, analysis and interpretation;
- Experience of soft skills techniques such as facilitation or change management;
- Experience of economic and options appraisal and development of business cases;
- Experience of significant change projects.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist, as a member of a BCS project team (s) in the delivery of a portfolio of BCS consultancy assignments and improvement projects.
- Assist in scoping, defining and designing consultancy projects including supporting the development of proposals that meet client needs. This includes design of innovative methodologies and effective scoping of the projects.
- Assisting organisations to think innovatively about managing and implementing change, by applying a range of consultancy techniques and services that support the reform of public services and improve business performance. These include, but are not limited to, structural design, organisational development, process improvement, change management, economic and options appraisal among others.
- Application of analytical skills to support consultancy delivery, including research, data collection, analysis and interpretation from a wide variety of sources to derive recommendations or conclusions, both internally for managers and for clients.
- Ensuring effective support to the project management during consultancy assignments, including the administration required to support effective financial management of projects.
- Application of strong interpersonal skills to develop effective working relationships with BCS and other PSRD staff, clients and stakeholders, across all grades and disciplines.
- Flexibility to undertake various roles within the BCS team demonstrating a team ethos and subscribing to the team values that exist within Consultancy.
- Willingness to contribute and share techniques and approaches, with the BCS team, from previous consultancy experience. Contribute to the PSRD work programme.
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete a Standard Access NI Security Clearance at a cost of £26.00. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Helen McNamara will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**This role may be filled very quickly, but don't worry, we will keep your details on file for consideration of another role becoming available in the future**
Experience: 0 yrs