Senior Project Manager – New Entrant
Abacus Careers are excited to be supporting a new entrant to Northern Ireland can only be described as creative, innovative and provide a real value proposition for their clients. Our client operates in a working community that has typically been resistant to change and their mission is to breathe life in the sector with positive change and transformation. If you have an appetite for providing innovative solutions to real world problems and the ability and desire to embrace something different then this is the role for you.
You will deliver projects from inception to close to provide unrivalled service, quality, and value for their clients. As a creative and innovative business, they rely on their project managers to prove that there is a better way to deliver process heavy work. The successful candidate will bring a deep expertise in leading complex projects in a professional services environment.
As a Senior Project Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Leading and managing a portfolio of projects across all stages from initial requirements gathering and planning through to successful closure
- Preparing detailed project plans, budgets and client communication approaches and tracking progress against same
- Building strong relationships with our clients, keeping them updated on progress through timely, sophisticated reporting and working to become their trusted advisors
- Setting a culture of quality on all projects and assuring this with stringent control processes and strong risk management strategies
- Driving business development and generating new business by identifying opportunities to upsell to existing clients and leveraging personal networks
- Working with the Sales team by providing insight into the needs of our clients and advising on complex or novel opportunities
The ideal candidate will have:
- 6 - 10 years of experience working in a projects based client service role such as Risk and Advisory, consulting or professional services
- A relevant professional project management qualification (PMP, Prince 2 or equivalent)
- Demonstrated success with blue chip clients in leading and delivering end-to-end projects
- A positive, solution focused mindset and the ability to bring clarity when faced with ambiguous requirements
- A committed, hard working and humble approach to their work
- The ability to operate independently with little supervision while utilising excellent judgement and problem solving
- An eagerness to thrive and contribute to start-up / scale-up environment.
Negotiable upon experience. Range is between £63,000 and £80,000
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.