Senior Corporate Solicitor
One of Abacus's most prestigious legal clients have an urgent need for personnel of a corporate background to join their new modern offices within Belfast City centre. This particular client has developed an empowering and leading brand by becoming one of the largest and most successful firms in the world.
This organisation strive to build exceptional working relationships with new and existing clients and believe that by doing so they are in a position to develop a deeper understanding of their businesses and provide them with innovative, commercially astute legal advice.
Due to increasing work demands of the business they now require a qualified corporate solicitor of a senior level to join their Belfast corporate department on a full-time permanent basis. This position is one that will require applicants to have a real self-drive and determined attitude to succeed as this is the personality of the firm.
The ideal candidate will have the following criteria;
- Qualified solicitor in England and Wales or Northern Ireland, but Republic of Ireland or other common law jurisdictions will be considered. (If not qualified in England & Wales then willing to complete process to requalify as such, if required.)
- 5 years PQE in relevant practice area.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to summarise complex issues succinctly verbally and in writing.
- Strong analytical ability, coupled with sound judgement to balance multiple factors and solve complex problems.
- Strong IT literacy, including an aptitude for learning (and becoming proficient in) the use of software and IT applications, for example using search terms intelligently to navigate large databases/document management systems.
- Experience working in a commercial legal environment, ideally a private practice law firm.
- Experience of managing project teams including direct reports.
- Fluency in a second language with an ability to translate legal documents into English. Western European languages are an advantage, but other languages (e.g. Mandarin Chinese, Arabic, Japanese or Russian) are especially desirable.
In return the successful candidate will be offered a position within a new modern office suite with the most up to date technological IT equipment and a genuine welcoming environment. In addition they will be offered a competitive salary and attractive package.
If interested in this position please contact Glen at Abacus in confidence on 02890313157 for more information.
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
With 100 years' experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI's most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs
Experience: 0 yrs