Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation require a temporary Legal Assistant to start ASAP until June 2017 with possible extension.
Role: Legal Assistant/Paralegal
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £7.50 p/h
13+ week's £9.85 p/h
Hours: 37.5 hours per week Monday-Friday
- Possess a degree in law or a degree of which law is the major component accompanied by another subject
- Have a minimum of 1 year's working experience of managing cases.
In addition it is desirable that candidates demonstrate the following:
- A knowledge of administrative and/or public law, Human Rights and community care law in Northern Ireland.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Effective oral and written communications skills.
- The ability to work under pressure using own initiative.
- Good analytical ability and decision making skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, providing support and assistance when necessary.
- An understanding of the issues which affect older people in Northern Ireland
The post holder will support the work of the Legal Officers in conducting their case work and other related duties.
The person will report to a Legal Officer and will be responsible for progressing allocated cases.
They should have an interest and experience in human rights and community care law. They should also have an interest and understanding of the specific challenges that older people experience.
- Register and handle queries and case work in keeping with internal procedures and protocols.
- Answer enquiries relating to complaints and other issues being experienced by older people.
- Provide research support to the Legal Officers in relation to legal and policy work.
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete a Standard Access NI Security Clearance at a cost of £26.00. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Laura Hagan will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**This role may be filled very quickly, but don't worry, we will keep your details on file for consideration of another role becoming available in the future**
Experience: 0 yrs