Temporary part time Legal Consumer Advisor required for a local government organisation based in Belfast.
Hours of work: Mon-Fri 9.15am-1pm = 18.5hours per week
Duties will include:
- To represent and advise clients on the resolution of complex consumer and civil disputes, negotiating with relevant parties, for example, finance companies, debt collection agencies ad legal departments, applying specialist knowledge and interpreting the law in order to resolve disputes.
- To advise clients on their legal rights and responsibilities under consumer and civil law. To advise on complaint procedures, opportunities for legal redress, arbitration procedures and to prepare cases for the Small Claims Court or arbitration.
- To arbitrate and mediate between parties and facilitate the negotiation of settlements.
- To maintain and enhance the profile of the Consumer Advice Service through management of an effective internal and external communication and awareness raising programme for the service, including PR, media interviews, press releases and briefings; and preparing and delivering education briefings and workshops to consumer groups, voluntary bodies, community groups, and trading bodies.
- To organise and deliver external consumer information and outreach services.
Applicants must either:
- have a third level qualification in a relevant subject such as Business Studies, Law, Public Administration, Finance, or equivalent qualification and be able to demonstrate that they have at least one year's relevant work experience, in each of the following areas; or
- be able to demonstrate that they have at least two years' relevant experience in each of the following areas:
- working with a variety of people in a customer service role, with specific experience of giving advice and resolving complaints in a regulatory, voluntary, commercial or public organisation;
- producing reports and compiling and analysing service information; and
- assisting in the updating and maintenance of information technology systems.
If you are interested in the role please upload your CV.
Experience: 0 yrs