Retail Manager (Farmshop)
With the continuing success of our new Garden Centre and Restaurant we are now expanding to include an unprecedented Farmshop. This is a very exiting new project and a fantastic opportunity for someone to grow their career with us.
You will need to be passionate about food and the importance of good food, how it is sourced, how it is made and how it looks and tastes. We make all of our own food for our 200-seater restaurant and we want you to continue this theme in our Farmshop by forming close partnerships with small producers who are doing something unique and brilliant.
The main responsibilities:
- To deliver an amazing retail/food experience.
- Ensure excellent working relationships with our butcher and bakery partners that will optimize customer service, presentation and business performance.
- Ensure excellent working relationship with the Head Chef to optimize buying efficiency, food production and joint marketing potential
- Develop the range of product that satisfies the strategies as agreed with the MD
- Play an integral part in the planning and roll out of the shop fit
- Create all necessary Health and Safety documents, policies and procedures and ensure successful implementation and ongoing compliance
- Be responsible for the recruitment, training and supervision of Farm Shop staff
- Ensure the highest standards of food quality, visual merchandising and customer service
- With agreement of the MD, generate marketing and promotional ideas and oversee their successful implementation
What we are looking for:
- Minimum of two years’ experience of leading and developing a team within a retail or quick service food environment.
- Experience in the use of retail technology systems.
- An ability to manage targets and control costs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An awareness of the wider food retail sector.
If this sounds like you, please send us your CV and covering letter VIA CLICKING THE APPLY BUTTON
This is a full-time role working 40 hours a week
Salary negotiable dependant on experience
The operation runs 7 days a week and therefore it is a core requirement to be able to work flexibly including working weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis. Minimal evening working.
Closing date for applications: 22nd January 2019