Software Scientist (Clinical Data)
Would you like to join a dynamic, growing firm where you can really make an impact, not just on the company but to accelerate drug development and ultimately benefit patients?
Exact IT Resources are delighted to be working with a pioneering client in the Healthcare and Analytics space. They play a valuable role and have a newly created position of Software Scientist. The role is an important bridge between the Architecture and Engineering functions working on a pioneering cloud platform.
On offer is a competitive salary with extensive benefits including generous holiday entitlement (37 days), pension scheme and private health insurance. You will work in an inclusive environment of both respect and innovation.
The role entails:
· Developing a solid understanding and documentation of the development architecture of the cloud platform to contribute to the future of clinical trial simulation technology
· Developing novel software applications to aid the design of complex clinical research studies
· Being an integral part of the product development team and working closely with other staff
· Helping with continuous improvement
Does this sound like you?:
· Possess or working on a post-graduate degree in a scientific discipline which required the creation of repeatable coding for data analysis
· Experience of software languages extensively used in data science including R
· Ability to demonstrate the ability to assimilate new ideas and turn them into practical, applied techniques
Any of the following would be desirable:
· Knowledge of statistical principles and/or simulation methods
· Experience in clinical trials or medical research
· Experience in working in an agile software development environment
· Experience of source control (e.g. git) and issue tracking (e.g. JIRA) tools
· Knowledge of object orientated programming principles
· Experience of AWS (e.g. Lambda, Cognito, S3, DynamoDB)
The role provides many professional development opportunities. There has never been a better or more important time to be working within this space.
A full job description and company brief is available by contacting Stephen Ingram on on 028 90997720. Alternatively e-mail your CV and any query to Stephen.firstname.lastname@example.org
Experience: Data Science Data Analysis Repeatable Code R Statistics