We are currently looking for a contract Network Engineer for our high profile local customer for an initial 6 month duration.
· To provide a robust and stable network environment capable of delivering all of the businesses applications ensuring security and performance.
· Provide senior support on escalations from the Service Desk and assist the rest of the technical services teams during any High or Critical priority incidents.
· To be autonomous over the network fabric and systems. Using these systems to deliver a secure and efficient platform which is capable of supporting all areas of the business from the Data Centre to End-Points.
· To assist the Technical Services team support and deliver applications.
· To support and develop the Network Engineer team with technical guidance on standards, principles, design, knowledge transfer/training and in all aspects of Network/system related functions
The role will involve a mix of support and project based activities. There will also be a requirement for some travel to other sites as required
· 7+ years’ experience working in an Enterprise technical Network environment
· Networking skills within a virtualised infrastructurelvier applications.ystems, deliver a secure and efficent
· Excellent knowledge across network technologies including IP Telelphony, Firewalls, Routing and Switching, WAN, LAN, DNS, VPN, MPLS, QoS, CoS, Jitter, latency, WIFI
· Excellent Network Design and Implementation skills
· Excellent working knowledge of major networking components, network operating systems and Server / Infrastructure components
· Proven and relevant working experience in a busy, internal client focused organisation.
Experience with technologies including:
· Cisco routers and switches
· LAN/WAN technologies TCP/IP
· Perimeter Security Solutions such as Sonicwall
· Solar Winds
· CCNA and CCNP certification
Experience: Cisco Routers and Switches LAN/WAN Technologies Enterprise Networking experience
Cisco Routers and Switches
Enterprise Networking experience