Senior 0365 Messaging Engineer- Northern Ireland
Think Technology- Think Allstate
We build solutions that touch 16 million customers on a daily basis.
You will work alongside people as passionate as you, focused on delivering the best possible user experiences.
You will work in a highly collaborative environment primed to adapt to an ever changing landscape and which places technology solutions at its core.
You will thrive, you will think differently, you will challenge convention and have the freedom to act with integrity, intention and speed; you will be at the forefront of developing capabilities in support of Allstate’s global business model; you will deliver results and you will leave things better than you found them.
This position is offered to an experienced (5-10 years) O365 Exchange engineer who is eager to help drive and support Allstate’s complex migration to Microsoft O365 Exchange Online services via a hybrid configuration. The qualified individual will support existing core platforms, custom solutions in addition to creating and assisting with the design of new. Duties will also include supporting the core messaging team in its efforts to implement change, participate in break/fix and provide level three support to Allstate’s 100k+ seat organization. The eligible candidate will participate in the team’s on-call rotation and be engaged in multiple projects while mentoring junior engineers.
Responsibilities include (but aren't limited to):
- Develop and execute complex deployment scenarios
- Designing large enterprise-level solutions upon technical, application and business requirements
- Capacity planning, disaster recovery, performance tuning and testing, logical and physical architecture design
- Working independently while also mentoring junior engineers
- Project Management
- Development of deployment and test plans.
- Writing Technical & Support Documentation
- Socialize ideas, make recommendations and gather team consensus to move forward.
- Effectively communicate both orally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences at all levels in an organization; develop procedural documentation; develop and conduct effective presentations; effectively demonstrate products and solutions.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- Minimum 5 years of extensive knowledge and recent Exchange online and Active Directory/ADFS experience
- Hybrid Microsoft Exchange on Premise/Office 365 - Exchange Online
- Expertise in Consulting to support hybrid platform solutions and platform rationalization
- 5 years extensive experience with PowerShell scripting required
- Expertise in Environmental changes – consolidation, platform upgrades, and divestitures of Exchange, Office 365/Exchange Online, Skype and Active Directory platforms.
- Expertise in Migrations from Exchange 2010 to Office365
- Deep Understanding of Legacy Public Folder and PST migration complexities.
- Expertise in Exchange Online integration with 3rd Party applications such as CRM solutions like SalesForce
- Expertise in Hygiene solutions such as: Proofpoint, Ironport.
- Expertise in MS Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
- Knowledge of MS security (Patch Management)
- Must have a working knowledge of ITIL principles and working within release schedules
- Must Have Broad knowledge of latest Microsoft products and technologies
- Must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa or Tier 2 visa and eligible to take up full time, permanent employment
- Microsoft Skype for Business on Premise / Online & other O365 products (Groups, Teams, Planner etc.)
- Express route and networking skills, DNS, Firewall
- Experience working as a technical leader within an agile process/project-oriented organization.
- Methodical approach to problem solving and quick resolution.
- Self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently as well as work well in groups.
- Flexibility to adjust to changing requirements, schedules and priorities.
- Additional, current certifications in operating systems, databases and programming languages a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, technical degree or equivalent experience
Hours of Work:
- Standard Mon-Fri
For further information CLICK THE APPLY BUTTON
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities:
Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
Applicants should note Allstate NI complete AccessNI background checks on all candidates offered a position.