Email Security Engineer- Northern Ireland
Think Technology- Think Allstate
We build solutions that touch 16 million customers on a daily basis.
You will work alongside people as passionate as you, focused on delivering the best possible user experiences.
You will work in a highly collaborative environment primed to adapt to an ever changing landscape and which places technology solutions at its core.
You will thrive, you will think differently, you will challenge convention and have the freedom to act with integrity, intention and speed; you will be at the forefront of developing capabilities in support of Allstate’s global business model; you will deliver results and you will leave things better than you found them.
This position is offered to an experienced (3-5 years) Email Security engineer who is eager to help drive and support Allstate’s complex email security platform & capabilities. This motivated and qualified individual will support existing core email security platform, and partner with Info Security & Messaging teams to make recommendations for and implement future technology innovations & improvements. Duties will also include supporting the core messaging team in its efforts to implement change at a rapid pace, participate in break/fix and provide level three support to Allstate’s 90k+ seat organization. The eligible candidate will participate in the team’s on-call rotation and be engaged in multiple projects.
Responsibilities include (but aren't limited to):
- Implementing large enterprise-level solutions upon technical, application and business requirements
- Capacity planning, disaster recovery, performance tuning and testing, logical and physical architecture design
- Develop and execute complex deployment scenarios
- Writing Technical & Support Documentation
- Advanced SMTP routing
- Development of documented deployment and test plans
- Methodical approach to problem solving and quick resolution
- Project Planning
- Socialize ideas, challenge the status-quo, make recommendations and gather team consensus to move forward
- Adjust to changing requirements, schedules and priorities
- Effectively communicate both orally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences at all levels in an organization; develop procedural documentation; develop and conduct effective presentations; effectively demonstrate products and solutions
- Analyzing logs in Windows, Linux, Exchange
- Must Have Broad knowledge of latest Proofpoint & Microsoft products and technologies
- 3+ years’ experience in Email Security and/or Email Authentication
- Hands-on-knowledge and experience with Email (SMTP) and Email Authentication (SPF, DKIM, DMARC)
- Hands on experience with Proofpoint email security gateways
- Hands on experience with Proofpoint Encryption & Regulatory Compliance
- Hands on experience with Proofpoint TAP URL & Attachment Defense, Fraud Defense
- Deep understanding of MS Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
- Deep understanding of Hybrid Microsoft Exchange 2010 on Premise/Office 365 - Exchange Online
- Must have a working knowledge of ITIL principles and working within release schedules
- Must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa or Tier 2 visa and eligible to take up full time, permanent employment
- Experience working in large complex environments, 90K seats
- Experience with working with legal, compliance, and privacy teams across the enterprise
- Consulting to support cloud solutions and platform rationalization
- Proven track record working in globally dispersed organization
- Networking skills, DNS, Firewall
- Experience with Outlook add-ins for phishing
- Ability to adapt to change and work with ambiguity
- Experience working as a technical leader within an agile process/project-oriented organization
- Self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently as well as work well in groups
- Additional, current certifications in operating systems, databases and programming languages a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, technical degree or equivalent experience
Hours of Work:
- Standard Mon-Fri
For further information CLICK THE APPLY BUTTON
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities:
Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
Applicants should note Allstate NI complete AccessNI background checks on all candidates offered a position.