A leading US based Financial Services payment company are looking for a SQL Server Database Engineer and Administrator to join their rapidly growing organisation. Offices are based in Derry/Londonderry but offer fully remote working. This role reports into the VP of Engineering.
The individual will be self-motivated and passionate SQL Server engineer to be focused on database design, development and administrator. The individual will work closely with Engineering and Technical Operations teams to build/deploy scalable and highly efficient implementations in a 24x7 environment. Deploying to a real-time transaction processing environment, the ideal candidate will apply a solid understanding of database design principles, indexing design strategies, and strong SQL development skills.
- Work with engineering teams on logical/physical database design to support new and existing application development. Maintain data models and keep them current.
- Design and develop schema, indexes, SQL queries, and stored procedures
- Develop database specifications, data dictionary, design/coding standards, and complementary documentation.
- Performs problem resolution and root cause analysis along with recommending and implementing preventive techniques.
- Analyse SQL query plans and leverage diagnostic tools to identify performance bottlenecks and take appropriate corrective actions to remediate.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of business processes facilitated by our software products.
- Keep abreast of industry best practices, services, and supporting tooling.
- Conceptualise, plan and design installations in standalone and clustered environments.
- In -depth knowledge of SQL Server architecture - engine, query processing, query optimisation, locking etc
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of Architecture/SQL Engineering in-depth experience with SQL Server 2012+.
- Majority of experience must be associated with supporting 24x7 OLTP and data warehouse/BI environments.
- Strong knowledge of SQL Server architecture - engine, query processing, query optimisation, locking etc.
- Experience automating the execution and notification of database related processes and alerts.
- SQL Server Multi-site cluster experience is a huge plus.
- Knowledgeable regarding storage systems.
If you are looking for a new SQL Server Database role in a fast paced organisation, then please apply now.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Experience: 0 yrs