Senior Systems Engineer needed to join a highly successful global manufacturing company. This organisation is at the leading edge of delivering innovation and product solutions to a range of industry markets.
The Senior Systems Engineer will be responsible for managing the overall health of the information technology software/hardware/end user support, as well as designing and implementing changes to the organisations Systems infrastructure, ensuring the System is available to support business operations.
- Understand how internal workgroups provide service to customers and implement technology solutions that enable those teams to improve their service delivery
- Supervision over the installation and configuration of workstations
- Creating documentation and procedures
- Responsibility for planning, budgeting (with CIO) and implementation of investment projects in the IT area
- Managing IT suppliers (internet, telephone, other services), supervising of the execution and proper implementation of contracts
- Manage and deploy data communications Systems to ensure effective communication performance between facilities and external entities.
- Manage and deploy virtual server and desktop environments.
- Build systems that deliver available and reliable Systems infrastructure.
- Implement systems that deliver to information technology security policies.
- Proven ability to diagnose and resolve highly complex, technical issues in a short amount of time and in high-pressure situations
- Demonstrated skill in planning, prioritizing, organizing, and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Relevant experience in the information technology industry
- A hands-on, highly-technical professional
- Strong customer service orientation
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.