Are you ready for a unique challenge working on cutting-edge technology?
Join a highly motivated and growing team of talented engineers as a Senior Embedded Linux Software Engineer, where you will be developing and commercialising new technologies, helping make the world cleaner, safer and more efficient.
You will develop electronic solutions within our client’s organisation, working with their cross-functional team to develop embedded software for multiple sensing applications and delivering unique system solutions in order to provide high value to end customers.
What does the day-to-day look like?
- Develop embedded software for sensing and wireless gateway products
- Support the software product life-cycle
- Algorithm design and implementation for new functionality
- Handle the development of complex software in selected languages for the client’s products/ applications
- Work with software engineering tools such as configuration management systems, build process, and debuggers
- Create and execute designs for small sets of new functionality
What do you need?
- A computer science related degree
- At least 4 years relevant experience working within Embedded Software Design
- Strong communication and organisation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Embedded C/C++ experience through embedded Linux Platforms
- Experience leading code reviews
- Experience using task tracking and bug tracking software
- 25 days annual leave plus stats
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Option for overtime
- Life Assurance
Get in contact today for more information!
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.