IT Security Operations Specialist needed to join a leading utilities organisation based in Belfast. The IT roadmap and projects scheduled makes this an excellent time to join this company!
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting and contributing to the evolution of IT Security within the company and will possess a strong background in IT Security Operations which will complement the existing IT Security team.
- Participating in the development of future security technology.
- Contributing to the development of IT Security operational process innovation.
- Coordinating penetration and remediation programme via 3rd party security consultants, along with overseeing our internal Web Application Scanning activities and remediations across Operations and Technical Delivery departments.
- Overseeing vulnerability patch management activities, which are carried out by our managed service provider and operational teams – reviewing results of vulnerability scans and ensuring vulnerabilities are being patched, tested, and remediated through patching activities by operational support teams.
- Supporting in regular IT Security risk assessments and audits.
- Conducting regular IT Security User Access Management (UAM) reviews monthly.
- Overseeing managed service providers IT Security reporting.
- Security Operations experience e.g. Vulnerability Assessment, Patch Management, Firewalls, Web/Email Filtering, VPN’s, Encryption, Anti-Virus, Multi-Factor Authentication, SIEM, Active Directory/Group Policy.
- Solid technical understanding of Secure Web App principles e.g. OWASP Top 10 or SANs 25.
- Solid technical understanding of Network infrastructure and protocols e.g. DMZ, Cloud, TCP/IP etc.
- Solid technical understanding of Microsoft Office 365/Azure Security Centres.
- Solid technical understanding of IT Security threats, trends and how they can be mitigated by technical security controls or processes.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.