Abacus are working exclusively with a global Law Firm, who are looking for a hands-on Infrastructure & Technical Support Engineer to join the close-knit IT Support Team.
The Technical Services team is made up of 5 members spread across the firm's Belfast, London and Manchester offices. The team works very closely with other teams within the IT Department such as the Service Desk, Business Applications and Deployment and Projects teams to provide the full range of IT services and support to the business.
- Manage and maintain the firms VMware environment across all Data Centres and offices.
- Manage and maintain the firms Exchange on-prem, Exchange Online and Mimecast services.
- Manage and maintain the firm's vulnerability management solutions and remediate vulnerabilities in line with the firm's policies.
- Ensure that all Server infrastructure is patched in line with the firm's patching policy and scheduling of changes.
- Manage and maintain Windows server environment (2012 – 2019).
- Manage and support systems and services used within Azure.
- Troubleshoot and fix Server system application related issues, which the team is responsible for, recording all troubleshooting steps and information in the IT Service Management tool.
- Manage and maintain Windows Server Services, such as Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and certificate services.
- Providing 3rd line technical support to the Service Desk Team.
- 2+ years’ experience in 3rd Line or similar IT Support/Infrastructure role
- Excellent working knowledge of supporting and maintaining Exchange On-Prem 2013 or above / Exchange Online.
- Proven extensive Knowledge of VMware and SAN storage.
- Extensive proven working experience of maintaining vulnerability management solutions and remediating system vulnerabilities.
- Proven working experience for managing server infrastructure in a Data Centre environment.
- Strong Knowledge of Windows Server 2012 – 2019.
- Strong Knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and Windows Certificate Services.
- Knowledge and hands on experience of Microsoft Azure, AWS and other cloud computing technologies.
- 3rd line level troubleshooting skills.
- Strong team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must have a "can do" attitude.
- Competitive Salary + Bonus
- Flexible working
- Pension Scheme – 10%
- 23 days Holidays + Stats
- Private Health Cover
- Medical Cover
- Excellent Mat/Pat Leave
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.