Technical Architect needed to join a global Pharmaceutical company based in Northern Ireland. With a strong portfolio of existing products and significant investment in the launch of new global products annually, this is an excellent time to join this company.
The successful architect will be required to research, analyse, design, propose and deliver solutions that support the business and IT strategies in one or more enterprise architecture domain (infrastructure/applications/business process/data).
- Lead the effort to ensure that common architecture decisions are implemented consistently in one or more enterprise architecture domain (infrastructure/applications/business process/data).
- Lead the effort to provide integrated systems analysis and recommend appropriate hardware, software and communications solutions.
- Specify and design small and / or moderately complex computer systems and components.
- Select appropriate design standards, methods and tools and ensure they are applied effectively.
- Adhere to and influence policy for the selection of computer systems and components.
- Produce high level design documentation and contribute to the development of enterprise architecture artefacts in one or more business or technical areas.
- Produce detailed component specifications and translate these into detailed designs for implementation using selected products.
- BSC in Computer Science, Information Technology or related subject(s) or equivalent work experience.
- Typically 5+ years of experience across multiple IT areas and 2-3 years of relevant solution architecture or enterprise architecture experience.
- Experience working in a manufacturing or pharmaceutical environment.
- Experience working with third party IT service providers and niche consultancies.
- Experience of the principles and practices involved in computer systems development, maintenance, service delivery and project delivery.
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of at least one specific technology area along with a track record of applying such knowledge.
- Good technical understanding and an aptitude to remain up to date with technology and industry developments.
- Good communication, time management and organisational skills.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.