Abacus are delighted to be working on a Network Engineer role with a global Financial Services client, with offices based in Belfast. The Network Engineer will be a key member of the team that manages and maintains the voice and data networks globally to meet the 24/7 needs of employees and clients.
If you are the type of person that thrives in fast paced environments, embraces new challenges and have a strong attention to detail, then this is the role for you.
• A relevant university degree in technology or related discipline, or recognised professional or equivalent qualification, or qualified by experience
• 5+ years’ experience in a mid-sized financial services firm or other fast-paced professional services
• Experience of promptly resolving issues that are business critical alongside a wide breadth of knowledge across networking and telecommunications
• Knowledge and fluency in routing and switching protocols (BGP, OSPF, 802.1q, STP, Etherchannel, L2TPv3)
• Knowledge and fluency in firewall technology (including xlates, access lists, DMZ, NAT/PAT)
• Knowledge and comfort of managing complex LAN and WAN networks
• Experience with Internet, Private Network and Extranet providers and services delivered (DIA, MPLS, ELAN, FIX, Market Data)
• Experience with Cisco platforms (Routers, Switches, Voice running IOS, NX-OS, Cisco UCM)
• Market leading salary + bonus
• 10% Pension
• 35 days annual leave
• Private medical
• Subsidised gym membership
• Continual professional development/certs
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.