A premium financial services organisation with ambitious growth plans are looking for a Director - Data Engineering and Analytics, to drive their data-centric organisation through continued improvement and ownership of their data stack.
The successful candidate will have 10+ years of hands-on experience implementing and managing data teams/environments. Apart from taking ownership of data warehousing and analytics, you will also develop a plan to recruit and hire a team of data, engineering and analytics professionals as the company growth dictates.
This role is offering fully remote work, and expects the right candidate to handle everything from ad-hoc analysis to the company's strategic data and analytics development.
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative/technical field (i.e. computer science, information systems, engineering, math, statistics, etc.)
- 10+ years of hands-on experience implementing and managing data teams/environments.
- Exceptional technology knowledge and experience in data warehouse methodologies, including data management, data integration, ETL and analytics system architecture.
- Built data warehouses, data marts, and data lakes, including implementations in a hybrid environment.
- Experience managing data from numerous source systems, including CRM/ERP's (i.e., Salesforce, NetSuite) and marketing analytics (i.e., Google Analytics), etc.
- Experience with Talend required, Snowflake and Looker a plus.
- Expert in SQL language, stored procedures and functions.
- Technically skilled in modern big data principles and technologies.
- Ability to code in Python, and/or Go.
- Ability to scale and document processes, systems and controls surrounding data.
- Passionate, high energy, motivated self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, high-growth and dynamic environment.
Please apply now if this role matches your experience and expectations moving forward.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Experience: 0 yrs