Accounts Payable Assistant - Graduate or Junior Level
We are looking for a talented and ambitious graduate from an Accounting, Finance or Business degree who is keen to kick-start their professional career in a global firm. Working in this transactional support role in accounts can give you an excellent foundation for a successful career. With a supportive team to train and guide you, and an excellent starting salary as well as a hybrid working model, this is an opportunity you want to have at the top of your wishlist!
An Accounts Payable Assistant completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices. The daily job duties include;
- Timely processing and payment of all supplier invoices and staff expense claims
- Administration of the Corporate card account
- Charging invoices to the correct accounts and cost centers
- Paying vendors and resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies
- Reconciling vendor account statements and related transactions
- Ensuring credit is received for outstanding memos and issuing stop-payments where required
- Processing and reviewing employee expense reports for adherence to policy
- Breach reporting
- Maintaining historical records by filing documents
- Mailbox management and query resolution
- Adhere to governance and controls that are in place
Interested in meeting the team and learning more about this opportunity? Get in touch with your CV and let us know why you think you are the right person to join this busy and successful team. For more information or queries on the application process, call Catherine at Abacus Careers.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.