HR Business Partner - Ethical Audit (SEDEX) - Northern Ireland
MCS Group has been retained by one of Northern Irelands leading businesses, currently seeking an Ethical Audit HR Business Partner on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Head of HR, the HR Business Partner will ensure all workers across various sites, as well as in the supply chain are treated fairly and that the organisation demonstrate their responsibility to prevent any form of labour exploitation within the supply chain in accordance with their Ethical Sourcing Policy.
This is the ideal opportunity for a highly experienced HR Generalist, with a strong background in Food / FMCG, to move into a unique opportunity.
Key duties include:
- Responsible for ensuring all sites comply with ethical audit requirements
- Ensure all site HR and HSE teams are up to date with SEDEX/customer requirements and code changes
- Responsible for the delivery of the ethical sourcing strategy
- Map our supply chain, assess risk and prioritise activity.
- Acting as the knowledge expert on responsible sourcing matters to ensure individual buying categories integrate responsible buying criteria into their sourcing decisions.
- Communicating the progress of the ethical sourcing strategy effectively both internally and externally, through Tier 1 suppliers and below down to farmers
- Building and managing relationships with suppliers (of all Tiers) to ensure that the principles of ethical sourcing are integrated throughout the supply base.
- Responsible for ensuring the business is abreast of current social risks and challenges within the supply chain and is actively engaged with appropriate third-party stakeholders to effectively address these issues.
- Leading on the implementation and compliance with UK Modern Slavery legislation.
- Managing and guiding 3rd party factory assessment partners to ensure sourcing risks are adequately identified and addressed.
- Manage suppliers membership of SEDEX, track 3rd party audits on SEDEX and ensure proactive clearance of non-conformances
- For suppliers on SEDEX implement and manage a process and records that fulfils the purpose of the role
- Maintain good ethical sourcing practices with suppliers in the UK and abroad
- Assessing, advising and implementing appropriate measures & plans to ensure an effective and ethical supply chain, identifying audit requirements, and professionally representing the business to all parties
- To data record all activity, progress and produce regular reports.
- Liaise with both internal customers
- With the procurement team communicate to new suppliers our procedures, gaining commitment.
- Ensure a programme of education is delivered to 'farms' and other suppliers where appropriate to ensure they comply with legislation/best practices and do not put the brand / customers at risk.
- Keeping our procedures up to date, practical and achievable
The successful candidate
The organisation is seeking a strong HR Generalist, ideally with Responsible Sourcing experience within a manufacturing / FMCG environment.
- Generalist HR and or Responsible Sourcing experience within manufacturing/FMCG environment
- Degree qualified
- A good understanding of ethical principles, SEDEX, Customer expectations
- Good understanding of basic employment law
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and competent user of IT systems.
- Excellent administration skills
Excellent salary and benefits on offer, including a bonus and car allowance
This is the chance to work for an industry leader, going through a period of chance, in a challenging yet highly rewarding environment.
To apply, please contact Ryan Calvert at MCS Group for immediate consideration on 02890 235456 or apply through the link.
MCS Group - CIPD NI HR Awards Headline Sponsor 2019
Experience: 0 yrs