Our client is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning their insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, they’ve earned a place at the forefront of the industry. Their lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for the support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, they find innovative new ways to deliver the services and maintain reputation for excellence, in all that they do.
Role and responsibilities
- Arrange all pre and post logistics for a number of different training events both virtually and in person for global attendees
- Liaising with teams virtually in the Global Offices to supply all the pre event information required to ensure the training runs smoothly
- Liaising with various external providers in respect of end to end programme management.
- Collating collateral for training programmes
- Managing the event budgets
- Preparing and amending documentation as required
- Promotion of training programmes via internal communication channels. Ie. Intranet site and LMS platform
- Providing on-site and virtual support at events both in-house and at external venues when in person events are taking place
- Liaising with Compliance Manager in relation to fee-earning CPD
- Maintaining and creating the Training Events file and programme structure within the file management system
- Become a super user of the new Learning Management System
- Ad hoc project work
- The role will ideally suit an individual with a strong event management background who is well organised and has experience in a professional services environment.
- Suited to an enthusiastic, efficient candidate with exceptional administrative and prioritisation skills and attention to detail
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships both with internal and external clients
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills across both client groups
- Ability to work to deadlines, juggle multiple projects & deliver under pressure
- Excellent communication skills , both written & oral
- Computer literate with exceptional knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook as well as virtual platforms via Zoom, Webex, MS Teams.
- Effective and efficient with data management and databases
- Experience in a Learning Management System would be desirable eg. Docebo.
- Professional in outlook, attitude & appearance
- Enthusiastic, pro-active, persistent, robust, with a commitment to getting the job done.
- Strong client focus and ability to form strong working relationships across a large and diverse organization
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.