Our client is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning their insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, they’ve earned a place at the forefront of the industry. Their lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for the support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, they find innovative new ways to deliver the services and maintain reputation for excellence, in all that they do.
The Global Mobility team is split between the London, Belfast and Hong Kong offices. They manage all aspects of the firm’s international assignment programmes, acting primarily as a strategic global resource to Partners & the global HR team. They ensure that the firm’s policies are applied across all regions and all business departments so that the firm’s mobility policies are applied consistently and fairly, while at the same time managing necessary local compliance, tax, social security and immigration risks for both the employee and the firm. Recently the role of Global Mobility has evolved drastically. Whilst there has always been a consultative approach to their role, the Global Mobility team has had to find alternative solutions to traditional mobility. This has meant finding innovative and creative solutions to unique and challenging situations in an increasingly fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
The Senior Global Mobility Administrator is an integral part of the Global Mobility team. They will support and manage the firm’s growing diverse expat population in an increasingly complex international environment. They will assist the team with important administrative tasks and they will be given the opportunity to manage their own relocation cases across the network as part of their career development. . The Senior Global Mobility Administrator will report to the Global Mobility manager based in Belfast.
Role and responsibilities
The Senior Administrator role is critical for the Global Mobility team as it contributes fully to the effective and efficient delivery of its day-to-day global operations. It carries a number of responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Keep the Global Mobility team’s internal documentation such as check lists, templates up to date at all times;
- Run, analyse and manage various weekly, monthly and quarterly reports including but not limited to UK visa expiry dates and international medical enrolment data etc.;
- Review all invoices from the firm’s vendors, allocate each to the relevant internal finance code and itemise in the HR System tool for reporting purposes;
- Assist the various Global Mobility managers with tasks such as drafting key relocation documentation, including Loan Deposit Memos, Mortgage Letters and Reference Letters for Letting Agents;
- Support the Expat Tax senior manager with reviewing the global Tax Authorisation List, preparing the Shadow payroll information for UK Payroll and preparing A1s and Certificates of Coverage;
- Work closely with the Belfast based Global Mobility Manager in executing the internal immigration processes to ensure the firm’s existing and new hires are compliant with the requirements of the UK Government. This will include, managing visa applications by preparing and providing the firm’s UK immigration advisors with the relevant paperwork, monitoring and tracking the progress of immigration applications for International Assignments and Transfers London inbound and flagging any potential issues with the HR & Recruitment teams; This will require keeping up to date with UK immigration legislation at all times;
- Initiate language lessons for UK based staff and Partners;
- Help the Global Mobility team prepare for various internal and external meetings including regular catch-ups with the wider global HR team, annual reviews of external provides and potential tenders;
- Attend internal and external meetings as required including Global Mobility webinars and conferences for networking and developmental purposes;
Unless the Senior Administrator already has some experience in managing expatriate cases, they will be encouraged over time to manage their own caseload and will be required to:
- Understand each of the firm’s global relocation policies and ensure their consistent and equitable application worldwide, especially the policies relating to International New Hires, Short Term Assignments & Transfers;
- Help produce international assignment and relocation letters focusing primarily on the firm’s International New Hires and Short Term assignees population;
- Conduct briefings with International New Hires, Assignees and Transferees providing advice on the firm’s procedure and policies;
- Act as a single point of contact throughout the relocation process and the international assignment when applicable;
- Instruct and liaise with third party vendors to manage the logistical relocation support such as home search; school search; temporary housing, shipping, immigration assistance; international medical enrolment in both the ‘Home’ & ‘Host’ locations;
- Excellent people skills with the ability to build strong, collaborative relationships;
- Excellent organising and prioritising skills with the ability to multi-task and work under pressure;
- Highly numerate with a high level of attention to detail;
- Good communication (verbal, written and presentation) skills;
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team;
- Ability to interact successfully with a diverse global community;
- A strong customer service and quality orientation;
- Demonstrates a can do attitude and is proactive and professional in all client contact.
- Be able to work and compile data and reports;
- Be detailed and accurate;
- Have strong customer service skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office especially Excel;
- Have strong organisational, grammar and communication skills;
- Advantageous to have experience with PeopleSoft;
- Desirable to have experience in Global Mobility and UK immigration.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.