Our client is the leading provider of manufacturing equipment to global businesses, supplying into construction industry. Want to join a team which thrives in an environment where people are genuinely empowered to lead and deliver highly strategic and innovative projects. Do you have a passion for HR and Talent management?
The Senior Talent Management Specialist will be focused on delivering a world class HR service to our customers based on well-established and effective policies, procedures and initiatives. Working in conjunction with other members of the Talent and Organisational Development team and the wider business, you will play a key role in managing various aspects of the HR function, including resourcing, onboarding, HRIS management, employee relations and family friendly leave.
- To provide employees, line managers and Directors with advice on all aspects of HR processes and policies.
- To protect the interests of employees and the company in accordance with HR policies, legislation and employment regulations; including completion of the NI annual monitoring return and Article 55 review for the Equality Commission, GDPR regulations.
- To develop our HR policies and documentation within NI, providing employees and management with timely and accurate advice on all aspects of HR processes and policy.
- To ensure accurate records have been kept throughout the year in compliance with GDPR requirements, including contracts and all new starter and leaver documentation, etc.
- To collate and produce HR reports as required, analyse data, identify key trends and make recommendations based on what the data shows.
- To take ownership of maintaining employee records and updating the ERP system accordingly.
- To manage the full recruitment process within budget including, advertising, shortlisting, interviewing and offer, ensuring effective agency management across all sites.
- Administration work where required including purchase orders and invoices.
- To process all promotion and transfer activity.
- To support managers through disciplinary and grievances as they arrive.
- Responsible for advising on and processing all leave including but not limited to Maternity, Paternity, Flexible working etc.
- To manage all new starter and leaver processes including the collation of all documentation for contracts including qualifications, certificates and proof of eligibility to work, return of equipment, driving declaration, life assurance nominations, reminding of restrictive covenants, etc.
- Maintain accurate payroll records for monthly processing.
- To manage the internal shared folders, ensuring that documents are well organised, held in the appropriate place (privately or publicly) and creating standardised templates where appropriate
- To protect the confidentiality of all information and data held privately
- To promote effective employee relations; recommending effective practice where necessary and maintaining a highly positive employer-employee relationship within the company
- To work in conjunction with the Talent Team and line managers to ensure that all employees receive a great employee experience throughout their employment with the company
- To assist with employee communication and feedback through such avenues as meetings, suggestion programs, employee satisfaction surveys, employee focus groups, one-on-one meetings and SharePoint use.
- To help monitor the organization's positive and progressive culture so that it supports the attainment of the company's goals and promotes employee satisfaction
- Work with the learning and development specialist to deliver the learning and development strategy within budget including, training requests, training delivery, inductions, INI grant applications, succession planning and career development planning.
- To work with the business to ensure effective visa co-ordination including assisting with the gathering and preparation of all visa paperwork where applicable.
- To manage the full performance management cycle, including probations and performance improvement plans.
- To carry out any other duties within reason and capability associated with this role.
- Degree in relevant discipline
- CIPD Level 5
- 5 years’ experience in relevant role
- Strong NI legislation
- Successfully record of implementing process changes
- Able to work under pressure
- Enthusiastic, energetic self-start
- Ability to travel to our HQ office
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.