We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Human Resources Administrator to join the HR team. Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, this position will be key in providing general HR duties.
- End to end recruitment- preparing job and personnel specifications, advertising vacancies, shortlisting, and interviewing.
- Process all new starters and leavers including production of employment contracts, induction packs, reference requests, company handbooks, leaver letters and holiday payments.
- Process all paperwork associated with employment changes and variations to contracts.
- Create and maintain all employee personnel files, ensuring archiving of leavers and cleansing of information held in line with GDPR and the Data Protection Act.
- Create and maintain up to date folders and spreadsheets for all employee benefit information.
- Manage and co-ordinate the Occupational Health service & appointments for staff via annual health surveillance, referrals, and pre-employments.
- Collating relevant information and taking minutes of disciplinary, investigation, grievance, and welfare meetings.
- Advice and guidance on HR policies and procedures.
- Support the administration of annual pay review, employee survey and HR statistics.
- Maintain the HR Database including absence reporting.
- Answering telephone calls to deal with employee sickness/absence.
- Assisting with the annual monitoring return.
- Assist with the implementation of a bespoke HR system.
- Processing weekly payroll in the absence of the Payroll Admin.
- Support the HR team with all additional HR requirements.
Qualifications and experience
- 1 years’ experience in a similar role
- Commitment to confidentiality.
- Excellent IT skills with proven experience in all Microsoft Packages
- Excellent communication skills.
- Confident telephone manner and highly developed interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- The ability to work as part of team as well as on own initiative
- Good time management.
- Good standard of formal education with above average literacy and numeracy.
- CIPD qualified or working towards achieving this.
- Good working knowledge and understanding of current employment law and understanding of HR policies.
- Experience of using a computerised time clock system would be advantageous.
- Experience taking minutes of meetings.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.