Our client is seeking a temporary HR Officer to assist the professional support team. Are you ready to join a team of professionals?
To assist the Professional Support Team in providing a high-quality professional support
service to the organisation. Officer will be responsible for co-ordinating the payroll, recruitment processes and regional preemployment checks service.
KEY RESULTS AREAS
- To provide comprehensive guidance and advice to managers and staff on terms and conditions of service, policies and employment legislation including best practice.
- To plan and co-ordinate recruitment processes ensuring compliance with best practice and with NI employment Legislation.
- To support the Professional Support Co-ordinator in the implementation of e-recruitment for the Educational Leaders.
- To co-ordinate the regional pre-employment checks
- To process payroll amendments in relation to pay and conditions for General Practice trainees within the appropriate timescales.
- To provide administrative support to the Wellbeing and Resilience group to include preparing papers, minute taking and undertaking follow up actions as required.
- To provide administrative support to the Professional Support Mentoring Scheme, to include organising training courses, and to support peer mentor leads in the development of specialty specific schemes.
- To provide support to the Associate Dean for Professional Support and Wellbeing with pastoral support meetings.
- To ensure that information systems are accurately and efficiently maintained within the Professional Support Department.
- To provide supervision of staff in the Professional Support Department and ensure workloads are suitably delegated throughout the team.
- To handle a broad range of enquiries to the department and support colleagues as required.
People Management & Development
- Participate personally in the organisations appraisal scheme and review on a regular basis the performance of any direct reports providing guidance on personal development requirements and advice on appropriate action
- Delegate appropriate responsibility to staff within his/her control whilst maintaining responsibility and accountability for results.
- Plan, allocate, monitor and evaluate work carried out by staff who report to him/her.
- Participate in the induction of staff within the department in accordance with policies and procedures
- 2 years relevant experience in a Human Resource Department
- 2 A Levels or higher qualification
- Hold current full driving licence
- Computer literate, good knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Able to prioritise workload to meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrate ability to use initiative and work independently
- One year’s experience processing Access NI checks
- Minute taking experience
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.