Do you have previous Recruitment/HR Administration experience?
Are you a confident communicator?
Do you have excellent communication and organisational skills?
Our client is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning their insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, they've earned a place at the forefront of the industry. Their lawyers are leaders in their field - and the same goes for the support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, they find innovative new ways to deliver the services and maintain reputation for excellence, in all that they do.
This Belfast-based Administrator will provide administrative and client-facing support to the HR for Trainee team.
Role and responsibilities
- Providing general operational and administrative support to the Trainee HR team
- Dealing with day-to-day HR queries from future trainees, current trainees and partners as well as daily interaction with our HR administration team.
Support to the HR for Trainees Team
- Plan and coordinate the future trainee inductions for courses attended at law school (i.e. Postgraduate Diploma in Law and Legal Practice Course), before trainees start their training contracts
- Organise various events for future trainees whilst studying the PGDL and LPC (c100). This will involve travel to our London office
- Plan and coordinate the trainee, Newly Qualified and international secondee inductions
- Organise events for current trainees including in relation to current trainee processes including seat planning and secondments twice a year (c.160)
- Work with HR specialist providing support throughout the seat planning and secondment process, including event organisation and liaising with international offices
- Supervise the maintenance of trainee training records in line with Solicitor Regulation Authority guidelines, including presentations to trainees, advising trainees and trainers as to the requirements and monitoring completion
- Responsible for managing the SRA admissions process for trainees due to qualify
- Meetings with trainees to discuss seat planning preferences, secondment outcomes and exit interviews with those leaving the firm
- Act as a key point of contact in the London office for general HR queries from the trainees
- Processing of general HR areas for trainees including sickness, absence etc. via the PeopleSoft system
- Support with annual feedback surveys and gathering of trainee feedback
- Support the HR Specialists with mentoring initiatives for future and current trainees
- Responsible for ensuring trainees meet litigation experience requirements
- Work with the HR Specialists to support the implementation of Diversity & Inclusion initiatives, together with Mental Health & Wellbeing initiatives, in the trainee population
- Previous recruitment and/or HR administration experience within a busy department, ideally within a professional services company
- Proven ability to build and maintain internal and external relationships
- Be able to identify and evaluate problems and demonstrate the ability to approach and tackle problems effectively
- Working knowledge of applicant tracking systems and/or HR systems. Experience of using PeopleSoft desirable but not essential
- Competent in Microsoft Office packages
- Positive, pro-active attitude and ability to cope under pressure
Who we are looking for
- Excellent organisation and administration skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Pro-active and flexible approach to work
- Confident communicator, friendly and mature in approach
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a fast moving environment
- Professional, with the ability to handle confidential information
- Team player, willing to travel to our London office
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.