We are currently working in connection with our client to recruit a Prep Chef for their Co. Down based hotel. This will be a full-time, permanent position, consisting of 37 hours per week, with a salary of £18,000 per annum.
Completion of the following duties are required –
- To ensure the efficient and prompt execution of the prep list in order to ensure customer and visitor expectations are met and maintained.
- To ensure that all food preparation in your assigned section is carried out to meet the standard required by the hotel.
- To assist the Senior Chefs in the preparation of any food item as and when requested.
- To check the quality and quantity of deliveries of stock arriving into the kitchen involving a Senior Chef if the quality or quantity is not correct or you are unsure of the standard required.
- To ensure that all work areas are kept clean and orderly and that all refuse is disposed of immediately.
- To use the equipment supplied in the recommended manner, economically and efficiently.
- To set and maintain standards of food preparation and service by; regularly inspecting perishable food items for quantity and quality, rotating stock, operating in a clean and hygienic manner both during and after your shift, maintaining a good standard of personal hygiene and appearance, being punctual for work, displaying manners and courtesy to your peers and co-workers and operating within the Employee Handbook guidance.
- To report all breakages, accidents, repairs and equipment faults to the Head Chef or Senior Sous-Chef.
- To ensure the department is operating within the legal framework by complying with health, safety, hygiene, fire and security regulations and procedures as outlined by the Head Chef.
- Ensuring safe and careful handling of equipment.
- Carry out any other duties as required by the management.
- Work in other areas of the hotel as required by business needs.
For this role Lynn Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment agency.
Lynn Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC).
Lynn Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note that only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.