Part-time Cook – 14 Hours per week
Hourly Rate: £10.00 per hour (breaks unpaid)
Hours on a rota basis: 9am - 5pm 2 days per week, alternate weekends
Closing date: 2/12/20
- Level 2 diploma in Catering
- Basic qualification in food hygiene
- At least 6 months previous experience in a similar role preferably with understanding of dietary needs of dementia residents
- Available to work alternate weekends on a rota basis
- Good communication skills and teamwork
- Must undertake AccessNI Enhanced Disclosure
- The Cook is responsible for the provision of well-balanced and nourishing meals for 36 residents of the Home and for ensuring efficient operation of the kitchen.
- Ensuring that meals are prepared and served as per requirements.
- Maintain a high level of service and hygiene within the kitchen.
- Assistance with menus, giving special consideration to special diets, likes and dislikes.
- Supervising and instructing staff as necessary in the preparation of food and on safety in the kitchen.
- Supervising the cleaning of the kitchen and all equipment and observing good hygiene practices.
- Reporting any breakdowns or defects in machines or materials to the Manager.
- Reporting any accident/incident, which may occur.
- Observing good safety practices at all times, ensuring the safety of residents, staff and members of the public.
To apply for a position, please telephone Joanne McCord on 028 9065 7799 or email by clicking APPLY FOR THIS JOB to request an application form.
- Successful applicants will commence as soon as pre-employment checks completed.
- Salary paid on last working day of each month by bank transfer. Payment in arrears for shifts from 21st of previous month to 20th of payment month.
- Applicants must have the ability to communicate effectively and follow instructions in English.
We are an equal opportunities employer.