First Choice are currently looking a Band 7 Research Manager for a client who will be based in either Ballymena or Lurgan.
· He/she will support the Head of Operations to lead and deliver the PCC’s statutory function to undertake research and conduct investigations into the best methods and practices for consulting with the public
· The post holder will be expected to plan, lead and develop innovative methodologies and networks to enable the PCC to maximise its potential in fulfilling its statutory functions.
· To develop, implement and review the PCC’s research strategy
· To manage a small team of research and editorial staff.
· To conduct literature reviews.
· To deliver general and bespoke research training to PCC staff to be involved in research.
· To plan and develop opportunities for service user lead research and service user input to research.
· To provide quarterly reports to Head of Operations on PCC performance on associated functions
· To write research proposals including costing for approval by the Senior Management Team
· Have a university degree or relevant professional qualification
· At least 3 years’ experience in a management role which includes 2 years in a research capacity and demonstrates experience of managing projects and people
· 5 years‘ experience in a management role which includes 2 years in a research capacity and demonstrates experience of managing projects and people.
· Demonstrate evidence of the publication of reports in a format accessible to the general public.
· Demonstrate evidence of having worked with a diverse range of stakeholders, both internal and external to the organisation, to achieve successful outcomes.
· Have excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing.
· Demonstrate evidence of effective leadership in a changing environment.
· Demonstrate evidence of delivery of a range of challenging objectives within the past 3 years.
Hours of Work:
· 9-5pm Monday to Friday
Rate of pay:
· £15.89 per hour
Please note: Only one position is available in either Ballymena or Lurgan. Candidates must also be open to flexibility.
If you meet the above criteria please send your CV to the link provided or for further information please contact Aaron on 028 25648477.