Are you an experienced operations & project manager with the ability to work in a fast paced environment?
Do you have excellent stakeholder management skills with an understanding of public sector processes?
Would you like to work for an exciting company on a 12 month contract with possible extension?
We have a very exciting opportunity for a driven project / operations manager to be part of an important organisation in Belfast. If interested or would like more information call Alex on 02890 313157 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- To work with key stakeholders to improve the operation and presentation of the company remit.
- To develop, support, manage and execute the project activities of the company in conjunction with the Managing Director.
With a 'can do' attitude, you will be able to work to deadlines in a fast-paced environment and possess excellent communications skills. The post holder will work on a broad range of projects and contracts. You will be flexible and adaptable in approach and duties.
- Identify challenges within the operation and presentation of the Business Area and work with key stakeholders to develop solutions and deliver tangible improvement.
- Oversee core contracts and projects. Key aims include improve cleansing; challenge illegal activity; and work towards a 'greener' city centre.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with external partners and other relevant public sector bodies and other private sector business organisations.
- Encourage joined up working and coordinated action in order to challenge illegal activity in the Belfast. (Partners may include NIHE, PSNI etc)
- Manage tendering processes, contract delivery, project evaluation and budgetary control for key projects. Liaise closely with funders, contractors, outsource partners and relevant statutory agencies to successfully delivery projects.
- Regular monitoring of the remit area in order to identify and then report any issues to relevant partner e.g. DFI, BCC. Following up to ensure issues are dressed in a timely manner.
- Increase business participation to improve the operation and presentation of Belfast City Centre.
- The set-up, coordination and administration of a business working group made up of levy payers, with an oversight function for all projects.
- Represent the organisation on relevant committees and steering groups.
- Innovation in relation to policy and new projects for our clients
- PR - work with external agency to promote the work of the organisation
- As well as the above, you will be expected to carry out any other reasonable activities as required by the MD and Board.
Qualifications & Experience
- A relevant third level qualification or at least 3 years' experience in a project management role with a proven track record of success in achieving objectives.
- Demonstrable experience managing a budget to deliver agreed outcomes.
- Demonstrable experience working with a wider team.
- Demonstrable experience of working with a wide range of partner organisations and stakeholders to deliver business plan objectives.
- Demonstrable experience working in an organisation which is accountable to a Board of Directors.
- Demonstrable experience of contract procurement, management and evaluation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail, proof reading and collating complex information into reports.
- Excellent IT skills with specific experience of working with databases and MS office applications including MS Outlook.
- Highly organised with excellent time and project management skills, and with the ability to prioritise a wide range of competing demands.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to engage and build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ability to give presentations to a diverse range of audiences.
- A positive team player with a can-do attitude.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing work priorities.
- Self-motivated and articulate, with excellent planning, organisation and time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Demonstrates initiative and personal leadership - can work alone or in a team.
- Completes tasks to a high standard and is results driven.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant in Abacus on 02890313157 for a confidential career discussion. Did you know? Abacus is NI's only Highly Rated Recruiter with 4.5 Stars for customer satisfaction (Independent review site Feefo).
If you think you have the right skills to join our team, then get in touch. If you know someone returning/re-locating to NI then www.belfastforlife.com holds the information on quality of life, cost of living etc.
Experience: 0 yrs