MCS Group are excited to continue their strong relationship with one of NI's largest public bodies to bring to market a Procurement Project Lead role on a five year FTC to work on one of the largest and most exciting projects ever completed in Northern Ireland.
This is one of the most secure career moves you could make in todays difficult market due to the size and importance of this organisation in todays society.
Want to be involved in a Flagship project in Belfast City Centre?
Want to work with, and have exposure to some of the largest organisations in NI?
If you are interested in elevating your career, and working on one of Northern Irelands largest infrastructure projects?
- Act as key interface between the organisation, the development advisors leading the procurement, other external consultants and the Project Board; ensuring that objectives are achieved from a technical and relationship perspective.
- Provide project assurance; challenging process and approach where appropriate.
- Participate in bidder engagement.
- Perform a quality assurance role in respect of all documentation and correspondence related to the
- Support the delivery of objectives through strategic procurement and operational best practice -
developing appropriate sourcing strategies for project supply chains.
- Ensure that spend is in line with the capital plan and that value for money is always achieved.
- Ensure that all procurement activity is in compliance with the relevant public procurement legislation and best practice guidance.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to develop fit for purpose scopes and specifications.
- Advise on the management of supplier performance, compliance with agreed service levels and
adherence to CSR obligations; advise on taking remedial action as required.
- Provide updates to Senior Management, to monthly meetings of the Project Board and on an ad hoc basis.
The Ideal Candidate Must Have:
- 5+ years experience as a senior procurement lead with experience of procurement in a large multifunctional organisation.
- Experience of managing procurement in respect of multi-million pound projects.
- Experience in the practical application of the Utilities Contracts Regulations 2016 or the Public Contracts Regulations 2015.
- Experience in the application of Procurement policy, procedure, business improvement tools and techniques.
- Membership of CIPS (Level 6 / Graduate Diploma)
Full details, including salary and the full excellent benefits package will be provided upon application.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Alan Montgomery, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group 07834 651980.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
Not all agencies are the same…MCS Group are passionate about providing a first-class service to all our customers and have an independent review rating of 4.9 stars on Google.
Experience: 0 yrs