Status: Permanent, Full-time
Location: Belfast City Centre
Team: Audit & Business Assurance
Grade(s): Senior Manager
Reporting to: Audit Partner
Excellent annual leave entitlement
Salary sacrifice initiatives for private medical and travel insurance, childcare vouchers, pension, etc
Working for BDO Northern Ireland gives you all of the advantages of working for a local Firm, where your contribution matters and progression is fast paced; combined with the advantages of working for Europe’s largest Accountancy Network and the scale and calibre of clients that accompanies this.
You will join a highly-skilled, committed, motivated and supportive team that works together to deliver exceptional client service to a varied and wide-ranging client base that includes some of Northern Ireland’s Top 100 clients, as well as global names.
As a member of the Audit Management team at BDO Northern Ireland, you will join a team of over 40 people, ranging from first year trainees, through to Qualified accountants, Assistant Managers, Senior Management team and Audit Partner. Beyond this, you will also have the opportunity to work with technical experts in our Taxation, Wealth Management and Advisory departments.
You will play an integral role in all matters relating to the management of a portfolio of key clients. You will also provide assistance to Partners and Senior Management in both client work and in the management of the Audit Department and on occasions the wider firm. On occasion, you may become involved in special assignments and be involved in completing tenders for exciting new opportunities with other BDO departments and BDO member firms.
Due to the nature of the role, a flexible approach to work is required in order to facilitate the needs of our clients and your colleagues both on and off site as appropriate.
You will be expected to consistently demonstrate core BDO values and the required standard of competency for the level of this role.
• Provide a value add service to your portfolio of clients by:
o Anticipating client requests/needs
o Responding quickly to client requests/needs
o Updating clients regularly on progress of their engagement
o Maintaining regular contact with clients
• Building and maintaining strong relationships with clients at senior levels, including developing a strong commercial understanding of the their business
• Be an ambassador of the firm through participating in office marketing events and keeping abreast of the wide range of service the firm offers
• The ability to grow our business, including the ability to identify and recognise business and sales opportunities with both new and existing clients
• Support Partners with the implementation and communication of any new business strategy for existing clients, target clients and the internal business
• Responsibility for the financial management of a portfolio of clients, including taking ownership of working capital aspects of printout
• Ensure that you complete assignments within agreed budgets and timescales
• Ensure assignments are resourced with the appropriate mix of knowledge and skills
• Support Partners, Directors and Senior Managers in the development of new business relationships and business proposals through high level sales and marketing activity
• Act as a role model for Trainees and Qualified staff by developing and motivating them through ensuring:
o The performance appraisal process is completed to a high standard and within published deadlines
o Appropriate objectives and development plans are in place for less experienced team members
o That relevant learning and development activities are created, delivered and monitored
• Ensuring personal CPD requirements are met by identifying and participating in relevant learning and development activities
• Adherence to; and compliance with the firm’s risk management and quality procedures
• Any other duties as may reasonably be required
For further information and to apply PLEASE CLICK ON THE APPLY BUTTON