Permanent Nurse Manager (Band 6 or 7)
At our state of the art facility on the Lisburn Road, close to Belfast City Centre, we at Fitzwilliam Clinic pride ourselves on our reputation for delivering our services to the highest possible standards. This is only possible with a fantastic team of experienced, capable and skilled medical staff. In order to maintain those standards we have the position of Nurse Manager available for an experienced Nurse or Theatre Manager, providing a great opportunity for an experienced, confident and personable Nurse / Theatre Manager to join our team.
The position is such that the successful candidate will have the ability to be responsible for managing the nursing team in the assessment of care needs and the development of programmes of care and / or the implementation and evaluation of these programmes of care in order to meet or ideally exceed regulatory requirements. The post holders will be expected to have experience in managing a team of approximately 6 nurses plus bank staff in all aspects of theatre to ensure patient care is provided at the highest level at all times.
The remuneration for this post is extremely competitive and salary will be commensurate with experience which includes a total of 37 days up to a maximum of 40 days with service, private healthcare and pension.
The Nurse Manager (suitable for NHS Band 6 or higher) will have experience to assume ultimate responsibility for:
- Delivering services to the standard and quality required by DHSSPS, RQIA, the Partners and Management and including production and management of related procedures and materials and implementation of recommendations.
- To be the Accountable Officer for Controlled Drugs per Controlled Drugs (Supervision of Management and Use) Regulations 2006.
- To be responsible for the leadership of nursing staff to manage and develop staff to the high standards as reflected in the clinic’s reputation and including open, honest communication and effective multi-disciplinary working.
- All elements of patient care delivery including patient care focused assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Professional decision making and policy development.
- Relevant clinical skills and knowledge to provide guidance and assistance to administrative staff.
- Carry out evidence based practice and agreed care pathways.
Ideal Candidates (Essential Criteria):
- Must be a registered, experienced theatre nurse on Part 1 (Adult) of the NMC (Nursing & Midwifery Council) Register with proven experience of managing a nursing team at least Band 6 level for a minimum of 2 years.
- Theatre experience to include procedure timings and scrubbing.
- Proven ability to communicate assertively, effectively and sensitively with patients and staff and across the various range of situations experienced in a patient focused, healthcare environment.
- Ability to record and report appropriately and effectively on performance, efficiencies, adverse effects etc.
- Effective knowledge to ensure control of infection.
- Demonstrable ability to proactively identify and remedy potential risk / clinical risk situations.
- Working knowledge of the NMC Scope of Professional Practice and Code of Conduct.
- Is computer literate and able to compile reports and communicate electronically.
- Ability to prioritise, organise and manage workflows and responsibilities for themselves and the team.
- Strong analytical ability including assessment of situations and making informed judgements.
It would be advantageous if candidates have experience and / or knowledge of:
- RQIA regulations and requirements
- Plastic surgery, hand surgery, hernia and vascular procedures.
- Patient assessment and outpatient dressing clinics.
- Working knowledge of Waiting List Initiative.
- Ordering and rotation of stock.
- Practicing privileges.
The closing date for applications is 18 February 2019.
Application is by CV detailing all experience relevant to this post.
Interested applicants please submit your CV VIA CLICKING THE APPLY BUTTON
We expect a high response and would advise that if you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date that you have not been selected for interview.
Fitzwilliam Clinic is an equal opportunities employer.