Vacancy Reference: 17816
We are currently recruiting for a Monitoring and Compliance Manager for the Lurgan area. This will be a full-time temporary role, Monday to Friday consisting of 37 hours per week, with an hourly rate of £10.95. This vacancy is expected to last until March 2020.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The key purpose of this role is to develop and manage a programme to monitor the finances and activities of the charity sector in Northern Ireland. The post holder will be responsible for ensuring information is provided, analysed and appropriate follow up steps undertaken. They will also identify trends and work with the charity sector to improve compliance
- Develop and manage the annual monitoring programme to include issuing of monitoring forms, workflow development and caseload management
- Develop and manage the compliance function to include providing compliance support to charities, preventive monitoring and follow up action which may include investigations and issuing of formal directions or orders to ensure good governance and to secure proper application of charitable assets.
- Provide technical input and guidance materials to improve compliance with accounting requirements and increase understanding of the monitoring process
- Working with professional advisers and intermediaries in the sector to develop and encourage compliance
- Participate in decision making for registration as required
- Ensure that the Register is kept up to date, accurate and accessible on the website
- Have successfully passed the final professional examinations and be a full, current member of one of the bodies detailed below:
(a) The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland
(b) The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland
(c) The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
(d) The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
(e) The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
(f) The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy
(g) The Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland
- Have at least a total of 1 years’ experience, gained within the last 5 years, in any one of, or combination of, the following categories – full details including specific dates must be provided:
(a) Financial Management / Management Accounting
(b) Financial Accounting /Auditing
(c) Development of Annual Monitoring Programmes
- Experience of the development & management of a programme of financial work.
- Experience of analysing information to make decisions
- Experience of developing good governance practice
This role provides an exciting opportunity to join an industry leading business, committed to ensuring that their customers receive a first class level of service and offering genuine opportunities for career progression.
For more information on this role or any other vacancy please call us on 028 90330 555
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.
Candidates will be required to obtain a Standard Access NI check at a cost of £18
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.