Vacancy Reference - 17437
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary Team Leader to be based in Antrim. This is a full time role, Monday to Thursday 8:00am - 4:30pm, 8:00am -1:00pm Friday and expected to last 3 months with possible extension. The following duties will be required -
* Be responsible for the Operational management of employees, vehicles, plant and equipment at designated areas including liaison with and direction of Contractors, providing a professional standard of supervision, service delivery and maintenance
* Lead a team within the Council’s Parks, and Open spaces ensuring development, maintenance and Customer Service are to the highest standards
* Supervise the provision and maintenance of Council’s Sports facilities including golf courses, driving ranges, football, rugby, cricket pitches, bowling greens, artificial surfaces including tennis, athletic tracks, synthetic pitches and multi-use games areas
* Ensure playground maintenance and inspection reports are produced and appropriate action taken
* Implement adverse weather programme i.e. salt / flooding when required
* Assist the Parks and Cemetery Supervisor in the production and procurement of plants, floral decoration, display material and associated activities. Provide an advice service to relevant parties within the Company
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* NVQ Level 2 in Amenity Horticulture / Landscaping or equivalent (or achieve within 12 months)
* Full current driving licence or if disability prevents driving, access to a suitable form of transport to enable the duties of the post to be carried out in full
* Minimum two years’ experience in the Supervision of a Team
* Post Holder will be required to work overtime from time to time to meet the requirements of the service
* Knowledge of horticulture within Parks and Cemeteries
* A full current driving licence to include C1 + E to enable postholder to drive a vehicle and trailer combination up to 8.25 tonnes
* Hold a Driver Certificate of Professional Competence and Qualification card
* Hold a Supervisory Management Qualification equivalent or similar to ILM or NEBSM
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.