Office Suite 1, i2 CIDO Innovation Centre,
73 Charlestown Road,
Concept Life Sciences is a knowledge based, science led business focused on delivering the services, expertise and capabilities our clients require. Our business is focused on a number of core sectors including pharmaceutical, biotechnology, food, environmental, agrochemical, petrochemical, chemical and consumer products industries. We support drug research, discovery and development to our pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients; provide testing and specialist analytical services and consultancy to the pharmaceutical, food and environmental sectors, toxicology services to the pharmaceutical, chemical, agrochemical and consumer products industries and materials chemistry services to the petrochemical industry. Concept currently employs over 800 employees across 11 main sites and is part of the Spectris Group.
The purpose of this role is to act as the customer co-ordinator between Northern Ireland customers and the testing laboratories undertaking food quality and safety testing on behalf of those customers, via the Concept Transit Centre located in Northern Ireland.
The overall responsibility is to ensure delivery of analysis in accordance with the testing requirements, this is achieved by;
Close co-ordination between Business Development, Operations and Customer Services.
- Working closely with the other internal support teams to highlight and mitigate any potential risks or considerations.
Shopping (Customer Specific).
- Defining the shopping requirements and subsequent testing schedule from the monthly customer list.
- Calculation of how much sample to buy to satisfy testing requirements.
- Weekly (at least 3 times per week) shopping for pre-determined food items of a specific date, brand, weight, country of origin and any specific shop code.
Logging and Recording.
- Daily update and maintenance of various internal spreadsheets.
- Daily / weekly update calls to customers.
- Weekly spreadsheet update of testing status to customers.
- Entering all samples onto Concept LIMS system.
- The manual preparation of sample labels depicting the tests to be carried out for each sample.
- Photographing of ‘vulnerable’ samples, e.g. ice cream, trifle, etc. prior to shipment.
- Preparation (sub sampling) of samples for other Concept sites and subcontractors for testing.
- Collection and packaging of samples ready for transportation to other Concept Life Sciences sites or other sub-contract laboratories.
- Delivery of microbiology samples to the subcontractor laboratory.
- Co-ordination of sample testing between the Concept laboratories and sub-contractors.
- Correct disposal of waste samples.
- Entry of subcontracted micro results onto customer reports held by Cambridge.
- Progressing and chasing results from testing laboratories.
- Accurate recording of data onto Concept Life Sciences online LIMS system
Quality & Training
- Maintenance of the Quality System and standards as it applies to the Concept NI Transit Centre.
- Training others for absence cover (from other Concept sites).
Key Role KPIs
- Ensuring the integrity of all data produced by the Concept and other subcontract Laboratories.
- Ensuring the timely completion and reporting of results; On Time Delivery.
- Management of projects at all stages in line with the Quality System.
- Good overall knowledge of food safety and quality testing.
- Good knowledge and experience of microbiology and chemistry testing in food.
- Good customer service skills.
- A full clean driving licence is essential as travel will be required in Northern Ireland to different customer locations.
- Ability to work independently yet with a larger team across the Concept group.
- Experience within a fast paced and highly client focused environment.
- Ability to manage workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective at prioritising tasks for completion.
- Enthusiastic, energetic and self-motivated team member
- 37.5 per week with flexibility required to meet the needs of the business.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer as a minimum: pension scheme, share save scheme, health care cash plan, retail discount scheme, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers and local reward & recognition schemes. We offer a range of learning and development opportunities depending on the role, with all employees having access to a range of internally delivered training modules as standard.
For more information and to apply, CLICK APPLY FOR THIS JOB.