Our client is a global manufacturing business with a multi-million pound turnover who are now recruiting an experienced Maintenance Manager to join their site in Co Monaghan.
The Maintenance Manager will co-ordinate and check proactive and reactive maintenance on all factory plant. This role requires a solid, multi-skilled, hands-on Maintenance Manager, with a proactive nature and several years of experience, to lead, supervise and assist the maintenance team.
- Co-ordinate and roster a maintenance team of 3-4 maintenance technicians
- Implement, drive and improve on existing preventative maintenance programmes
- Manage uptime/downtime of machinery
- Take a hands on approach to everyday maintenance tasks
- React immediately to any breakdowns or problems and try to resolve them as quickly and efficiently as possible, using the resources available
- Sourcing of everyday parts, services and 3rd party repairs. Reporting to the site manager with any parts ordering requirements. Following up on parts deliveries and overseeing that incoming parts are fitted as soon as possible when delivered
- Completion of all maintenance records
- Maintain Health, Safety and Hygiene standards in accordance with Company rules and regulations
- Co-ordinate and oversee that preventive maintenance programmes are being carried out by the maintenance team
- Lead continuous improvements projects
- Liaising with and assisting any 3rd party contractors in carrying out their duties on site
- Assisting with engineering budgeting and cost analysis
- Qualification in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with at least 2 years experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Full knowledge of preventive maintenance procedures and previous experience of using and managing a preventive maintenance system is essential.
- A sound, hands-on, mechanical and electrical knowledge of equipment
- Previous experience of supervising and leading maintenance teams
- Strong troubleshooting/problem solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of basic Microsoft packages
Salary is in the region of €50k. This is a day shift role and an excellent chance to gain experience within one of Ireland’s manufacturing success stories.
For further information or a confidential discussion please email your CV through the link or call us on +44 2890 826044.
By applying for this role you are consenting to Energis Recruitment holding your details for a period of 12 months to be considered for other roles. As a candidate you have the right to consent or object to this.