Electrical Engineering Technician/Authorised Person
Salary: £24,000 - £34,000 – Dependent on skills and qualifications
Package: Excellent Benefits and Career Progression.
Location: This role will be based in our Larne office.
This company has an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Technician (Electrical) to join our growing team of professionals. This position supports the High Voltage (HV) Services Manager and is approximately 80% site based and 20% office based. The work will include travel to remote wind farm locations in the UK and Ireland.
- Will include high voltage switching, high voltage maintenance activities and running the electrical safety systems on construction sites.
- The appropriate candidate will be rewarded with a salary commensurate of the level of knowledge, experience and qualifications they possess. Excellent career progression, extensive training package and continued professional development will also be on offer.
- This role is for somebody with a strong electrical background, but we will offer the additional training required for specialist activities such as high voltage switching.
- Producing risk assessments and method statements for electrical works.
- To carry out maintenance, fault finding and repair on all electrical systems, both high voltage and low voltage.
- Run the electrical safety systems to control work on live wind farms that are under construction.
- Travel throughout the UK and Ireland on a regular basis for a period of up to 5 days at a time.
- Ensure that all repairs and installations are compliant with BS7671 wiring regulations and best industry practices.
- Carry out electrical site audits and produce a report on the findings.
- Availability to provide emergency (standby) response.
- Produce monthly and ad-hoc reports as required for the HV Services Manager.
- Full UK Driving License
- Understanding of health and safety legislation in the UK and how it applies to electrical works
- An apprenticeship or an equivalent formal training programme in electrical installation and maintenance with 3 years post experience
- Experience in the installation and testing of electrical systems
- Problem solving skills necessary for electrical fault finding and repair
-Must hold a City and Guilds level 3 technical certificate or equivalent in an electrical discipline
Good computer skills, including Word and Excel
Hold a City and Guilds 2382 Level 3 certificate in the requirements for electrical installations BS 7671 (17th Edition) or equivalent
Hold a City and Guilds 2391 Level 3 certificate in the inspection, testing and certification of electrical systems or equivalent
HNC/HND in electrical engineering
Additional HSE course i.e. IOSH Managing Safely
High Voltage experience
- Excellent salary
- Excellent career progression potential
- Overtime potential
- Use of company vehicle, mobile telephone and laptop.
Please forward your CV direct to the employer via the apply link below.