Vacancy Reference: 17961
We are currently recruiting for a Veterinary Officer for Northern Ireland area ( various locations). This will be a full-time temporary role; workdays may include weekends and public/bank holidays. 9am-5pm, this role may require work outside of normal working hours with an hourly rate of £16.05.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Carrying out inspections and investigations in connection with animal disease, animal welfare and public health
- Enforcement of legislation in connection with the above including representation of the Department's interest in Court as necessary
- Communication of Departmental Policy e.g. Promotion of biosecurity to Stakeholders in the Agricultural Industry
- Supervision and management of field staff e.g. when involved in meat hygiene or field duties
- Assimilate and interpret information from a variety of sources including IT Systems
- A primary degree in Veterinary Medicine/Surgery and be a member of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (MRCVS)
- At least one year's post qualification experience working in a state veterinary service, in a veterinary practice or other relevant veterinary experience in farm animals or veterinary public health.
- It will be advantageous if the appointee has current Food Standards NI Official Veterinarian designation
- Persons appointed must have access to a form of transport which will enable them to fulfil the responsibilities of this role and they must be prepared to travel throughout Northern Ireland and elsewhere if required
For more information on this role or any other vacancy please call us on 028 90330 555
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.
Candidates will be required to obtain an Enhanced Access NI check at a cost of £18.00.
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.